The Little People. A Brave New World.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
A little intro: I'm 74 now and still cycle 4-6 days a week, nothing major, 80-100 miles most weeks.
My other long-term hobby has been photography and this is where I'm going with this thread.
Just after Xmas with lockdown biting again and cycling and photography trips frowned upon I turned to indoor photography ?
I purchased a 'Light tent' Example for use on a table top and started building and photographing 'scenes' or dioramas as I discovered they are called.
Using 1/87 scale (HO) figures etc (less than 20mm) mostly used in model railway setups I believe, alongside real life size objects I try to create amusing scenes that I will call 'The Little People' which I then photograph.
I currently have about 60 of these, I will start off with 3 now and hopefully you will want to see more :hello:

Size example.
i-rghvRqf-M.jpg

A Cake walk

P1001704_a%20cake%20walk_1-XL.jpg

Grouse Hunting

P1001723_grouse%20hunting_1-XL.jpg

Occupied

P1001746_Occupied_1-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking, more below :okay:
Roy

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Love it. I admire your humour and steady hand.

D

Deleted member 1258

A little intro: I'm 74 now and still cycle 4-6 days a week, nothing major, 80-100 miles most weeks.
My other long-term hobby has been photography and this is where I'm going with this thread.
Just after Xmas with lockdown biting again and cycling and photography trips frowned upon I turned to indoor photography ?
I purchased a 'Light tent' Example for use on a table top and started building and photographing 'scenes' or dioramas as I discovered they are called.
Using 1/87 scale (HO) figures etc (less than 20mm) mostly used in model railway setups I believe, alongside real life size objects I try to create amusing scenes that I will call 'The Little People' which I then photograph.
I currently have about 60 of these, I will start off with 3 now and hopefully you will want to see more :hello:

Size example.
View attachment 587930

A Cake walk

View attachment 587931

Grouse Hunting

View attachment 587932

Occupied

View attachment 587933

Thanks for looking
Roy

They're lovely, I love the humour.

Tenkaykev

Guru

Size example.
View attachment 587930

A Cake walk

View attachment 587931

Grouse Hunting

View attachment 587932

Occupied

View attachment 587933

Thanks for looking
Roy
Truly wonderful 👍❤️

OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
Huge thanks guys 'n' gals for the viewing figures and nice comments.
I have great fun putting them together, I start of sometimes with the 'germ' of an idea and it often evolves into something quite different.
Here is a couple more and i will post more another time.
Thanks again.

Queueing for Pooing (yep the outlier here is a pencil sharpener)

P1001765_Queueing_1-XL.jpg

Poolside.

P1001791_Poolside_1-XL.jpg

Top Bottom