The many benefits of leaving the EU.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
So they did allright on the gloves....not so much the deaths.Evens things up a bit.
I don't know about alright. We seem to have an awful lot of cheap crap gloves that need using up.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I have just watched a documentary on Brexit. Appears to have been a German production just made, and therefore reasonably objective.

It went into considerable detail as to just how much money was spent and political influence bought by a group of very wealthy men protecting their interests. Organisations, think-tanks, names. One or two were even prepared to go on camera. A clear lack of transparency about what was going on behind the scenes, not conspiracy stuff as there has been no attempt to keep all this so secret that some good investigative journalism couldn't uncover it.

It almost made me feel a bit sad for Theresa May as any attempt at a less damaging Brexit was stymied by MP's targeted with dodgy information.

The hardline Brexiteers in the Tory party clearly never understood nor cared about the implications of leaving for the Northern Ireland border situation.

The saddest thing for me was to see genuine leave supporters stirred up and enraged about their country having been stolen being persuaded to support people and parties who are dedicated to bringing about the very things most leave supporters don't actually want - tax cuts especially for the better off, a reduced social welfare net, lower environmental standards and fewer employment rights. Within two weeks of finally leaving these things are starting to be mooted.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have just watched a documentary on Brexit. Appears to have been a German production just made, and therefore reasonably objective.

It went into considerable detail as to just how much money was spent and political influence bought by a group of very wealthy men protecting their interests. Organisations, think-tanks, names. One or two were even prepared to go on camera. A clear lack of transparency about what was going on behind the scenes, not conspiracy stuff as there has been no attempt to keep all this so secret that some good investigative journalism couldn't uncover it.

It almost made me feel a bit sad for Theresa May as any attempt at a less damaging Brexit was stymied by MP's targeted with dodgy information.

The hardline Brexiteers in the Tory party clearly never understood nor cared about the implications of leaving for the Northern Ireland border situation.

The saddest thing for me was to see genuine leave supporters stirred up and enraged about their country having been stolen being persuaded to support people and parties who are dedicated to bringing about the very things most leave supporters don't actually want - tax cuts especially for the better off, a reduced social welfare net, lower environmental standards and fewer employment rights. Within two weeks of finally leaving these things are starting to be mooted.
yep, a bunch of charlantans hoodwinked the country for their own ends..........................querlle surprisse

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
An increased risk of cancer....

Wait no that's not a benefit.
I'm fairly certain this tory mob will seek to remove the need to state details of origin, processing information and other facts about food on the packaging. That's a good thing right? Who needs to know this stuff.
Who doesn't love a mystery meat pie.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-cancer-risk-bacon?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
There are a number of choices we the public can make though. Buying British meat is one of them. Inspecting food labels and not buying US meat products is another. Every processed meat product carries a higher risk of giving you cancer, which has been documented for several years, so although it's another bad thing, isn't really new. If these products aren't labelled as such then that is a different issue

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Buying British meat is one of them. Inspecting food labels and not buying US meat products is another.
Give up meat altogether! That can save a lot of problems. ^_^

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Give up meat altogether! That can save a lot of problems. ^_^
It doesn't 'solve' the problems for the livestock farmers who are doing a good job of raising animals as part of a sustainable mixed farming system.

But buy UK organic, and you'll get the genuine real deal.

Eat less of it to offset the slightly higher cost.

But eat better, and tastier. .

Everyone wins, the farmer, animal welfare, our ecosystems, and the consumer.

Top Bottom