The pain, oh the pain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Indurain: A Tempered Passion

"He was a child of the elements, the mountains themselves raised him, aided by the wind. He was a god, The French hated him. We worshipped at his feet, grateful to breath air that might have once blown across a mountain that he lived near. In Spain. He was a lovely chap. The French hated him, the Spanish and everyone else, especially Him. We loved him, he was a lovely chap but hated by everyone who ever ate snails. He was woven from the elements. The French conspired to deprive him of the sixth win and danced on his grave as he died on the fateful climb. The wind loved him as a goat loves it's non-stick frying pan. He was a god. We loved him."

Etc, etc et bloody cetera.......

AAAARGH, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Free to a good home unless Noodley wants it back....:wacko:

rustychisel

Gracious.
It sounds worse than the 'autobiography' of Richard Hammond, some boring twat whose claim to fame is crashing a car. Keep it, Chuffy, be kind to the rest of the world and keep the flamin' thing safely locked away.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Send it to me if you like. I survived the floridity of Mr Wheatcroft, so may have some luck. If not, I'll happily burn it on behalf of all forum members.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
"It was a dark and stormy night.."

Maybe now's the time to read the Da Vinci Code, Chuffy? Surely anything will seem like high art after that...

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Ha .. I bought that book a few years ago - passed it on to a forum member on C+ (can't remember who:blush:)

I agree that it is filled with the worst drivel that I have ever had the misfortune to read.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
I too have survived the florid drivel of Mr Wheatcroft, I have also wailed at the pompous musings of Mr Fife. I tossed off the Da Vinci Code during the course of an idle afternoon. Nothing prepared me for the horrors of the Indurain book. I could cope with the windy rhetoric but not with the sheer scale of fan-w*nkery and utter lack of information or research. It's not a biography as we know it, it's a love poem written by a talentless sixth-former.

Landers - PM me your address and I'll bang it in the post asap.

Top Bottom