The People's Front of Jedburgh (or 50 ways to leave the Union)

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Front page of McPravda today
1594199570759.png

Following on from an extremist website polling it's followers which was excitedly seized upon - https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...s-voters-consider-backing-alex-salmond-party/

Is this ridiculous or is there an argument that UKIP forced their extremist agenda onto mainstream politics so a Scottish version could do the same?

My feelings are independence is sadly inevitable, but more due to the utter clown show that has been Westminster since Brexit. This looks like a vanity project which will probably make no real difference ultimately other than keeping the kilted 'kippers all in the same place but I know some Indy enthusiasts are very keen to see a Salmond Party.

Any views from indy supporters here?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is this the “Wrath of Khan” that “handy” Salmond promised will descend on Westminster and his revenge on Wee Kranky after his court case?

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Why would splitting the Yes vote bring independence closer?

Not that I think it would.

Last edited:

Chris S

Guru
I'm quite happy for Scotland to leave the union. In 20 years time cars will have gone electric, single use plastics will have been banned and the price of North Sea oil will have crashed. Scotland will have become an economic liability. It will be their loss not ours.

Jimidh

Veteran
I'm quite happy for Scotland to leave the union. In 20 years time cars will have gone electric, single use plastics will have been banned and the price of North Sea oil will have crashed. Scotland will have become an economic liability. It will be their loss not ours.
That’s when you will be begging us for our massive resources of renewable energy and supplying your drought ridden land with water! :laugh:

Slick

Guru
It wouldn’t, it’s just a power trip for Salmond hoping to restore that smug grin to his oily face.
I think its another non event.

Dwn

I suspect that Salmond might prefer vengeance to independence, but who knows for sure? I'd be surprised if this initiative comes to anything

The economics might be against it, but I suspect independence is close to unstoppable now. As Brexit showed us, referenda like this are about emotions as much as money and that is a problem for the unionists amongst us (including me). Too few of us now feel enough attachment to the idea of being British to oppose independence.

It'll be a sad day for me at least, and it will diminish both England and Scotland (N Ireland will inevitably follow).

Brandane

Is it because I lied when I was 17?
In case you haven't noticed, the price of oil has already crashed, and "easy" oil in the North Sea has long gone. Yes, economically it's going to be a struggle for Scotland. However we aren't alone, the world economy is on the brink, and that includes you lot south of the frontier. Outside of London, you may have noticed that it's not exactly a hive of activity and industry. Last time we had an independence vote, I was in favour of remain. The next time though, I won't be. I'm no fan of Sturgeon, the SNP, or independence; but the alternative is even worse. It has to be worth the gamble.

Back on topic: I wouldn't vote for that nob Salmond no matter what. The man is a liability. Innocent my erse.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I suspect that Salmond might prefer vengeance to independence, but who knows for sure? I'd be surprised if this initiative comes to anything
You never know with Salmond, I’m sure vengeance would be sweet for him but independence would be the icing on the cake. On the other hand he might just be itching to get back into the wine cellar at Bute House, I’ll bet the female staff wouldn’t be best pleased now he’s been given carte blanch.

Jimidh

Veteran
In case you haven't noticed, the price of oil has already crashed, and "easy" oil in the North Sea has long gone. Yes, economically it's going to be a struggle for Scotland. However we aren't alone, the world economy is on the brink, and that includes you lot south of the frontier. Outside of London, you may have noticed that it's not exactly a hive of activity and industry. Last time we had an independence vote, I was in favour of remain. The next time though, I won't be. I'm no fan of Sturgeon, the SNP, or independence; but the alternative is even worse. It has to be worth the gamble.

Back on topic: I wouldn't vote for that nob Salmond no matter what. The man is a liability. Innocent my erse.
I’m in the same position as you as are many of my friends. The last few years has shown me that Scotland is politically going in a completely different direction from a huge chunk of England and whilst I would have preferred that not to be the case I think inevitably Scotland will vote for independence.

Top Bottom