The perfect Sunday morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Up early and saw 100% blue sky outside. Quick breakfast then wash and dress in the kitchen and sneak out on the bike for my favourite "quickie" run around a 14 mile circuit with a 500 ft climb over Mellor hill. Wet roads but bright sunshine, no traffic, just a few dog walkers. Back for a hot shower, shave and a back of the neck shave, full service and oil change, put on clean clothes and now I'm sitting at the computer with a hot coffee and the whole day ahead of me. Rest of the family have only just got up and the cloud has clagged in 100%.

Only one problem though.... we've cancelled the Sunday newspaper!

Doing the Trough of Bowland tomorrow with two pals, one on his brand new Orbea Onix. Can't wait!

ASC1951

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
and a back of the neck shave....
You know how to live, you! :eek:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
ASC1951 said:
You know how to live, you! :eek:

There's nothing worse than that hairy itchy feeling and nothing nicer than getting it all shaved off. My barber knows to expect the groans of appreciation when he razors the back of my neck!

TVC

Sounds almost perfect, I do enjoy being out and about before everyone else.

Bit of a different day for me today, just got back from the Sainsburys run and about to have a bite of early lunch. Then it's off to the Skyride to see if I can spot Arch and Roger.

Wolf04

Rigid Raider said:
There's nothing worse than that hairy itchy feeling and nothing nicer than getting it all shaved off. My barber knows to expect the groans of appreciation when he razors the back of my neck!

:bicycle: Oh I thouht that was just me.:eek:

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ended up a bit expensive though - I thought I'd clean and re-lube the chain ready for tomorrow's ride. Split the power link thinking "mustn't lose the bits" and promptly lost one of the bits. Scoured the garage and couldn't find it, several phone calls later ended up doing a 40 mile return drive to Leisure Lakes in Bury for a new £20 chain as they didn't have the power links. Suppose I could have just joined the chain with the rivet tool and had it a bit shorter......

....but at least the garage is nice and tidy now.

Top Bottom