The Political Views of Cyclists

LemonJuice

DO YOU IDENTIFY AS LEFT-WING, CENTRE OR RIGHT-WING?

WHAT PARTY DO YOU NORMALLY VOTE FOR IN ELECTIONS?

DO YOU CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE’S POLITICAL BELIEFS?

Chris S

Guru
I live in a safe Labour seat so I normally vote for the Green Party. I don't want them to win but if they get enough votes they won't lose their deposit and the mainstream parties might adopt some of their more sensible policies.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Still a bit to the right of centre, but as I have got older I have become disillusioned with the more extreme right. I also don't think that Labour govts have never done anything good.

I prefer pragmatism to ideology. If the ideology isn't working or is actually harming people, people are more important and a policy should be amended. This can apply to both the right - balancing the books/low tax but underfunding healthcare, or the left - nationalising or subsidising industries to the long-term detriment of all.

I also deplore the excessive polarisation of politics in recent years.

I shall be able to vote again next year, and it won't be for the AfD, nor the Greens ...

PS - CAPS LOCK IS ON. ^_^

All uphill

I didn't recognise you but I knew your bike
I like tightly regulated capitalism, a large state dedicated to improving and protecting people.

Active work to rehabilitate criminals, but long prison sentences for people who steal my bikes or use caps lock.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Funny how some folk cannot bear to have their fixed views challenged.

The answer, trust me, is not to gang up on a member - we gave up on that two or three years ago.

oldworld

Middle of the road and dislike any party to have a large majority such as now. Far better to convince parliament by discussion than weight of numbers.

Top Bottom