The Post-Brexit Thread

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Not exactly subtle, but worth a cheap laugh on a wet Tuesday morning...

View attachment 533282
Ps please don tell the breksitter Fisher peeps, that it wos us wot sold off our own fishing rites, cos you the EU sed we cud, wiil you??

They might get annoyed that we done that, an then lied about it, and sed it wos your fault.

Thanx :okay:

newfhouse

Elitist lefty
I've not got a list of Tory Donors to hand but I bet it's one of them. :sad:
Oh, quelle surprise, it seems they haven’t even started yet. Apparently there may be an option to purchase the rushed but at least delivered French system, but I can’t see that happening, for obvious reasons. So, will it be another £108 million spaffed on a rushed and unsuitable procurement? I think we know the answer.
https://www.computerweekly.com/news/252485180/HMRC-yet-to-begin-building-UK-border-IT-system

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I should add that Screenman I.T.Service know very little about I.T. But feel that should qualify the company even better than some.
Never stopped Crapita....... They're a complete shower of faeces, but still shovel in money for providing systems don't and never will work.

I used to work for them (very briefly), and I suspect that their entire business model is based on never having to provide a "working" solution. Gov't (both flavours) throw money at them to provide some half-baked, poorly spec'd piece of crap. Crapita know they can do half a job, and that either the current administration, or the next one will get bored/change the rules and it will be quietly forgotten about as the next "must have" system becomes flavour of the month.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I should add that Screenman I.T.Service know very little about I.T. But feel that should qualify the company even better than some.
Thats fine @screenman you'll be bringing fresh new ideas, and insight, right ??

Not be bogged down in tired old ways of doing things, like these established IT firms with their 'so called expertise'

In fact, lets not bother with all that complicated computer nonsense at all - everyone's bored of that now.

I think you could run a more effective border and customs control, through the medium of interpretive dance -

And that makes lots of shiny new jobs for all the art school grad's - huzzah - it'll be brilliant !! :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Who's that now?
Francois you say?
Oh, go on then.

View attachment 533283

View attachment 533284
You mustn't be 'shortist' its mean :angel:

Just think of all the soap and fabric - and mayyyybe (?) food him saving.

If everyone was littler it would drastically reduce our resource use.

Having said that - it must be very hard to resist ruffling his hair in passing - and whatever you do don't mention Napoleon ...:whistle:

Top Bottom