The Post-Brexit Thread

C R

Veteran
Not really any different to "I think everything is sh*t so you should".

What's the difference?
No one is saying that everything is shite or that you should think that everything is shite. There's increasing evidence of the difficulties some businesses are facing. Some of those businesses are run by people who supported brexit, and some are expressing regret. Your post seemed to imply that because you or people around you have not noticed any effects then that means nothing is really happening, despite evidence that things are indeed happening.

shep

Über Member
No one is saying that everything is shite or that you should think that everything is shite. There's increasing evidence of the difficulties some businesses are facing. Some of those businesses are run by people who supported brexit, and some are expressing regret. Your post seemed to imply that because you or people around you have not noticed any effects then that means nothing is really happening, despite evidence that things are indeed happening.
I understand people are having problems and I sympathise, the trouble on here is that people don't like to hear anyone's view of things that differ from theirs.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
View attachment 570645

I believe the expression is WTF?
Howay Shaun - is it? - tweak your algorithms, do.
I've been getting that one relentlessly for weeks.

Thing is, it's not even aimed at me..

The whole alleged get rich quick, and profit from others misfortune scheme, is based on research gleaned from talking to.

"The man on the street" :eek:

The algorithm is somewhat flawed...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Shaun's algorithm is "rent the space on the webpage to Google". You need to have a word with those nice people in California.
I'm actually quite curious know how on earth those 'nice people in Cali' draw the conclusion that I might be interested in "Frages World of Entitled Wealth and Freedom" :eek:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I understand people are having problems and I sympathise, the trouble on here is that people don't like to hear anyone's view of things that differ from theirs.
You mean like denying that anything has changed when a pallet of zero-tariff metal+plastic UK-origin goods sold to an EU business is now costing twice as much and taking three times as long to transport? The consumer-visible effects of this discouragement of trade may be small and slow to appear so far, but they will increase. The only people to make money from this will be the bureaucrats.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm actually quite curious know how on earth those 'nice people in Cali' draw the conclusion that I might be interested in "Frages World of Entitled Wealth and Freedom" :eek:
I think it's more that they reckon there's a high enough probability that you might fall for scamvertising that displaying it is their best chance of getting paid.

I thought @Shaun had offered to kick out scam ads so I reported the report BICBW.

Those of you that don't have anti-scam running, are you seeing more of this shoot since New Year's?

newfhouse

Regressive elitist lefty
You pay to hear what shep is thinking?
I don’t get out much these days.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
C'mon lad, I'm taking the pi**!

Classic case of only quoting part of the comment, I was replying to someone saying that the whole UK should leave, hence the comment.

You people.:banghead:

Haven't read the link cos I can't be ar*ed but if I was remotely serious by virtue of all the remainers leaving the country surely there would be jobs available?

One thing does confuse me though, a lot of people on here make reference to leavers now complaining about the outcome and regretting it etc, etc.

I'm sure plenty do but no-one I know really gives it much thought and as not much has happened, in my World anyway, there's not been much 'foot shooting' to contend with.
I think here are clearly differences in attitudes in situations like this with some clear divides.
As a sweeping generalisation some consider the effect on others others/the general good when decision making and some think only of themselves/immediate world. I would say that the left leaning and the Remain camps tend to be more of the former than the latter, pondering the bigger picture rather than just their own situation. I am saddedned by the plight of others, those losing their jobs, reducing profits and who's businesses are failing due to Brexit. Yes I'm fine - no impact on my daily life, but less money in the economy, less jobs, more unemployed will impact everyone at some stage whether that's increased taxes/poorer services, lack of hospital beds, and operations etc. more social problems.
No man is an island....

Top Bottom