The Post-Brexit Thread

Many people with families in commonwealth countries voted to leave the EU, as they found it limited the chances of their families joining them, in favour of predominantly white migrants from the EU. They felt penalised on racial grounds while we were members, and are happier now.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Many people with families in commonwealth countries voted to leave the EU, as they found it limited the chances of their families joining them, in favour of predominantly white migrants from the EU. They felt penalised on racial grounds while we were members, and are happier now.
Has it been made any easier for most Commonwealth citizens to migrate here, or are they happy simply that EU citizens will now suffer the same?

Has it been made any easier for most Commonwealth citizens to migrate here, or are they happy simply that EU citizens will now suffer the same?
It's only been a month or so for the system to be able to change, so it's early days yet, but it does seem to be heading in a direction they're happier with.

It was always likely to be the outcome, and as most I knew fully understood, it would be quite liable to generate an increase in the number of visibly distinct ethnic minorities, it calls a lie to the many claims that leave voters were racist. Anyone advocating a reduction of visibly ethnic people, would have favoured remain, were it not for the EU migrant policy.

Last edited:
Shock horror...Johnson,Farage lied.I feel for the ones decieved about Brexit but voting Tory...Nah,suck it up.
Right... when people are deceived for one cause by Johnson, they deserve sympathy.

For another, they deserve contempt.

I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere, but I'm darned if I can see it.

Adam4868

Guru
Right... when people are deceived for one cause by Johnson, they deserve sympathy.

For another, they deserve contempt.

I'm sure there's some logic in there somewhere, but I'm darned if I can see it.
Might be difficult for you but how long have the Tories been in power ? It's not like you didn't know what you were getting

Might be difficult for you but how long have the Tories been in power ? It's not like you didn't know what you were getting
Given the standard the views of some people of the current government, it doesn't bode well that Labour still look nowhere near able to form a viable opposition.

That's not healthy for the Country, and Labour really need to do something drastic to get their act together. There doesn't look to be the start of a decent front bench among them.

Adam4868

Guru
Given the standard the views of some people of the current government, it doesn't bode well that Labour still look nowhere near able to form a viable opposition.

That's not healthy for the Country, and Labour really need to do something drastic to get their act together. There doesn't look to be the start of a decent front bench among them.
Haven't you heard of Starmer...he's the real deal so I'm told 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: C R
Whilst it's easy to laugh, these people were deliberately deceived as to what the consequences of voting leave would be.
Possibly, but the day after the vote I was already starting my application for citizenship. It didn't take a genius to realise this may be an issue.

You've said this before, but the EU is a grouping of countries, not a racially defined organisation. Any European citizen can live in any EU country regardless of racial group so I'm not sure how this can be defined as "racist". It is technically possible for a non-European country to join the EU a long as they comply with the criteria, and nowhere in the criteria does it say people need to be of a certain racial group.

You've said this before, but the EU is a grouping of countries, not a racially defined organisation. Any European citizen can live in any EU country regardless of racial group so I'm not sure how this can be defined as "racist". It is technically possible for a non-European country to join the EU a long as they comply with the criteria, and nowhere in the criteria does it say people need to be of a certain racial group.
As it stands, the general demographic of EU countries is predominantly visibly different to the African and 'Asian' commonwealth countries.

Top Bottom