The Post-Brexit Thread

This post gives that impression, certainly:
It's a very odd intepretation of it, and I'm happy that I'v been able to corret your incorrect assumption.

It was interesting to read reports on racist incidents in the UK, as many were carried out by migrants against other migrants.

• Laugh
Reactions: mjr

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
It's precisely what I put, that a racist would be liable to prefer a migration policy that favoured movement from predominantly white regions over one that leant more to visitors from regions where the majority have visibly different coloured skin.
You know racists are generally a bit thick, right? I have no clue whether your argument holds water or not, but it's predicated on the idea that a bunch of thick racists would bother to sit down and consider the finer details of migration policy and the knock on effects of changing one part of it.

They wouldn't. They're thick, reactionary racist idiots.

Adam4868

Guru
You know racists are generally a bit thick, right? I have no clue whether your argument holds water or not, but it's predicated on the idea that a bunch of thick racists would bother to sit down and consider the finer details of migration policy and the knock on effects of changing one part of it.

Too much of a generalization sorry.See current government for the more subtle types...
On second thoughts yes there thick 🙄

It's a rhetorical device that was widely used during the referendum.

Messaging set one:
"Vote Brexit and kick the foreigners out"
Note the incessant demonising of foreigners highlighted by others above.

Message two (don't pause for breath):
"Racist, us? We're in *favour* of more equal treatment of non-EU immigrants"

Indeed, it was specifically used with the curry trade and their desire for more visas for chefs to, well, curry favour with the South Asian community.

Naturally, they were betrayed after the event.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Maybe that should be they're thick eh? :whistle:

That is about Key Stage 2 spelling isn't it? I won't even start on the grammar :rolleyes:
That's being a bit mean isn't it? There's no commandment against typos or the occasional brainstorm!

Craig the cyclist

Absolutely irrelevant. It's just a massive coincidence that the campaign that presented this:

View attachment 582851

And this:

View attachment 582852

And of course this:

View attachment 582853

And was supported by newspapers saying things like this:

View attachment 582854

and this:

View attachment 582855

...was the campaign that won. It had nothing to to with racism whatsoever; move along, nothing to see here.
Even less of a surprise that the campaign that presented these lost.........

1617876274594.png

1617876322968.png

Craig the cyclist

That's being a bit mean isn't it? There's no commandment against typos or the occasional brainstorm!
I think you that if you are calling people thick, especially people who clearly aren't thick, then you should do it without grammatical and spelling errors, don't you? Unless of course he was cleverly outing himself as a racist..... I hadn't thought of that!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think you that if you are calling people thick, especially people who clearly aren't thick, then you should do it without grammatical and spelling errors, don't you? Unless of course he was cleverly outing himself as a racist..... I hadn't thought of that!
Why? He didn't claim all thickos are racist. Word order matters.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
Ability to spell is not a sign of intelligence. Some of the cleverest people I know can't spell for shoot. A lot of the lecture slides I'm watching for my MSc are littered with typos. It simply doesn't matter, especially on a chat forum.

Top Bottom