The Post-Brexit Thread

Adam4868

Guru
I think you that if you are calling people thick, especially people who clearly aren't thick, then you should do it without grammatical and spelling errors, don't you? Unless of course he was cleverly outing himself as a racist..... I hadn't thought of that!
I'll call this government for what they are,racist lying....the list goes on.But do your best on the grammatical errors will you ?

I don't think criticism of the remain campaign really matters.

A campaign supported by the governing party after an unprecedented economic crash on a referendum it instigated itself on the basis:

"Things are really bad right now. In fact, for many of you, they've been going backwards for decades. Here's an opportunity for change which we think you should have to the option of choosing...

...But you definitely don't want that, oh no, what you want is more of the same from us!"

I mean, come on, that's a losing wicket from the start.

Reactions: mjr
I think you that if you are calling people thick, especially people who clearly aren't thick, then you should do it without grammatical and spelling errors, don't you? Unless of course he was cleverly outing himself as a racist..... I hadn't thought of that!
My emphasis but original text quoted. Let him without sin cast the first stone.

It's precisely what I put, that a racist would be liable to prefer a migration policy that favoured movement from predominantly white regions over one that leant more to visitors from regions where the majority have visibly different coloured skin.
I think you'll find the racists wanted a migration policy that didn't let anyone in.

Craig the cyclist

Ability to spell is not a sign of intelligence. Some of the cleverest people I know can't spell for shoot. A lot of the lecture slides I'm watching for my MSc are littered with typos. It simply doesn't matter, especially on a chat forum.
If they aren't thick, they are just bloody lazy.

It does matter, it matters a lot.

Threw the window is very different to through the window. I

It's there is very different to it's their.

'You know your shoot' is very different to 'You know you're shoot'

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam4868

Guru

It matters to you,it means feck all to me.🙄

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷

They're not lazy, they work in the NHS, they're farking busy. It might matter in a formal setting, but I know exactly what my lecturers mean and I knew exactly what Adam meant.

I see you've found a way round the swear filter. You must be very proud.

You've applied your quote marks somewhat inconsistently, by the way.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Saying “financial stability risks around [the EU exit] process are greater on the Continent than they are in the U.K.” isn't exactly saying that it would be great for the UK either, though! And that was in 2017. I wonder what his current assessment is, not that it matters much.

Please tell me what office Mark Carney held in the remain campaign? And where in your link does he even admit lying, rather than updating his assessment? Anyway, I've said before that some of our government "friends" caused the remain campaign more harm than our enemies!

But the actual Vote Leave campaign contained huge liars in key positions of direct campaign power: spokesman (and "shambolic shameless clot" according to a linked headline on the politico page you linked) Boris and co-convenor Gove, director Cummings, chair Stuart... a whole different scale.

Trying to blame the remain campaign for some remain supporter predictions being slightly off is deflection on the scale of blaming cat crap on your lawn on the local pet rescue while ignoring an industrial-size muckspreader pebbledashing everyone's houses with the foulest chicken products ever collected!

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

They're not lazy, they work in the NHS, they're farking busy. It might matter in a formal setting, but I know exactly what my lecturers mean and I knew exactly what Adam meant.

I see you've found a way round the swear filter. You must be very proud.

You've applied your quote marks somewhat inconsistently, by the way.
Even more important then.

I will assume you have come across LASA? Looks Alike Sounds Alike, especially in relation to medicines?

One changed letter, or one 'busy' glance at a bottle can literally mean death. Clinicians are never too busy to check things are correct, so they must just be lazy with the slides on your course. Which isn't a very good example really is it?

chlorpromazine/chlorpropamide, just a couple of letters there, everyone knows what you mean when you are busy eh?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom