The Post-Brexit Thread

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Nope, it was the claims of the remainers.
Just a passing glance at the phrase would tell you that it wouldn't have been applied by Remainers to what they were saying. But you know this.

So, what are you guys planning to do to make your world as happy as ours?
I'm very happy, extraordinarily so. Happy that I didn't vote for this nonsense.

I'm also happy that I don't have to perform any mental gymnastics around the topic, cognitive dissonance must be so exhausting.

I take no satisfaction in seeing the UK as it is, or in the division that this vote has caused, or in the relentless goading from leave voters and their denial of reality. But I am happy that I'm not alone in these thoughts, there's some comfort in that, though the circumstances are less than ideal of course.

1. Just a passing glance at the phrase would tell you that it wouldn't have been applied by Remainers to what they were saying.

2. I'm very happy, extraordinarily so.
1. Nope, it really was the remainers making those claims.

2. Good to hear. Seems all is well with the world, which is fortunate, as few if any people have offered a credible, realistic way of altering the current situation.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
1. Nope, it really was the remainers making those claims.
"project fear" was a term invented by leavers to dismiss the concerns raised by remainers, legitimate concerns, noted in my far from exhaustive list, which of course you haven't addressed.

Remainers pointed out potential difficulties with food supplies, leavers said you're saying we're going to starve.

Remainers said financial services will leave the UK, leavers said you're saying we'll have no money.

It's the Francois defence.

But again, you know this, and I shan't be drawn any further into chasing you down this particular rabbit hole.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
"project fear" was a term invented by leavers to dismiss the concerns raised by remainers, legitimate concerns, noted in my far from exhaustive list, which of course you haven't addressed.

Remainers pointed out potential difficulties with food supplies, leavers said you're saying we're going to starve.

Remainers said financial services will leave the UK, leavers said you're saying we'll have no money.

It's the Francois defence.

But again, you know this, and I shan't be drawn any further into chasing you down this particular rabbit hole.
The claim of owning their shoot hasn't weathered well, has it?

The claim of owning their shoot hasn't weathered well, has it?
Erm, a loaded question isn't really a credible question. :okay:

Nothing has changed since the first time you tried that, so clearly won't have done for any of the other times either.

I and others have said we're quite happy to be left to decide what changes, which given we're content, isn't going to be much if anything.

That's why the onus falls on those who spend their days complaining about everything, and trying to rewrite the earlier failed claims ascribed as project fear. :hello:

JBGooner

Über Member
This is true, but we have to remember that "Project Fear" was dreamt up by leavers as an exaggeration in response to the realistic issues being pointed out by Remainers.

For example,

Issues for UK fishermen exporting their catch (see @Rocky 's post)
Financial services leaving the UK (see @Rocky 's post)
Significant red tape making exports difficult and more expensive for UK businesses.
UK businesses relocating to EU to avoid red tape taking jobs with them.
Problems for farmers exporting to EU (see dairy)
Food shortages in supermarkets (see in particular NI)
Businesses struggling due to end of FoM (on this point, wait 'til holidays to the continent start again, then see how content people are)
Border down the Irish Sea with likely re-routing of ferries to avoid UK land bridge
Artists struggling due to end of FoM (see @Rocky 's post)

Etc , Etc.

All predicted, all happening. But if you screw up your eyes really tightly, you can pretend it's not happening.

OTOH the FTSE 250 is up over 9% so far this year, so not all bad 👍

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
OTOH the FTSE 250 is up over 9% so far this year, so not all bad 👍
And Barclays are forecasting the biggest boom since 1948, I dare say that'll be down to Brexit.

Last edited:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Hey, Express, how's Brexit going, everybody happy?
Going by the logic of the Express, if as a non member the UK is now controlled by the EU more than ever, then perhaps it might be a good idea to rejoin so as to lessen the amount of EU control. Or have I missed something somewhere? Should the words logic and Express not appear in the same sentence? ...

Top Bottom