The Post-Brexit Thread

Isn't it a bit late for them to be questioning the shoot show they fought to elect?
Exactly.

Its what was said so often, brexit meant so many different things, the terms were never defined. The only thing for supporters like the Express to do now is to say, this isn't the Brexit we voted for. It's all they've got left.
Going by the logic of the Express, if as a non member the UK is now controlled by the EU more than ever, then perhaps it might be a good idea to rejoin so as to lessen the amount of EU control. Or have I missed something somewhere? Should the words logic and Express not appear in the same sentence? ...
Yep at least when we were members we had a voice, in fact the UK wrote a lot of the rules that we are now up against.
Yebbut, this is all the fault of Remain supporters...they are somehow to blame and need to solve all the problems... not that there are any problems. Of course.

Rejoiners have somehow engineered a bad deal even though they've not been in power since the vote, because um... they're in league with the EU trying to punish plucky Britain and give us a bad deal... even though we held all the cards because they need us more than we need them,

I hope it is now clear.

Kajjal

Veteran
One of the main experiences of people is realising they have made a mistake and not being able to do anything about it. This is very common in the fishing sector. After decades of hard work in a dangerous industry and delivering a quality product they are now cut off unable to compete efficiently selling their product. No one working that hard in a previously very successful industry deserves that, below is a quick discussion with one who promised them much and is now blaming everyone else but themselves.

lazybloke

Lying in the grass looking at the clouds
They've been rather unhappy for quite a few decades. It's a shame some people have only just noticed them, and are trying to turn it into their own political football. :okay:
You can call it political football but you're shooting the messenger, plus being dismissive and rude to members of the fishing industry and other exporters who have had their livelihoods damaged or even destroyed. I shouldn't think you mean to be callous, but that is an easy perception if you continue to maintain there is no problem.

The fishing industry may have had reason to grumble for years (decades), which may well have been a factor in how some voted in 2016, but many of them have realised the status quo would have been a better choice.

monkers

Über Member
Not half as sad as it is to watch the same tiny handful of whingers, whiners, and moaners squealing at fever pitch literally year after year.

You are, of course, becoming increasingly isolated and increasingly derided as out of touch as the vast majority of people get on with their lives.

Carry on in the same vein, which no doubt you will, and you will acquire the same public profile as David Icke.
You have noticed that the angry people now are the former Brexit MEPs - right?

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
Not half as sad as it is to watch the same tiny handful of whingers, whiners, and moaners squealing at fever pitch literally year after year.

You are, of course, becoming increasingly isolated and increasingly derided as out of touch as the vast majority of people get on with their lives.

Carry on in the same vein, which no doubt you will, and you will acquire the same public profile as David Icke.
There is a certain subset of people for whom not getting on with their lives is a viable option. Unfortunately I don't belong to it. I get up and go to work, I raise the children, I pay my bills, I pay my taxes. What choice do I have?

Rocky

sacré bleu
There is a certain subset of people for whom not getting on with their lives is a viable option. Unfortunately I don't belong to it. I get up and go to work, I raise the children, I pay my bills, I pay my taxes. What choice do I have?
My two sons have emigrated because Brexit took away their freedom of movement across Europe. One, a scientist, is in Fiji and the other, a doctor is now in Australia. That's the effect that Brexit will have on our highly qualified young professionals. They'll leave.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 ♀️ 😷
My two sons have emigrated because Brexit took away their freedom of movement across Europe. One, a scientist, is in Fiji and the other, a doctor is now in Australia. That's the effect that Brexit will have on our highly qualified young professionals. They'll leave.
The people we bought our house from were scientists, one French and one Spanish. They emigrated to New Zealand in late 2016. I do wonder if Brexit had anything to do with it. Whether the university has managed to replace them with suitably qualified British scientists I don't know.

Of course in a couple of years I'll be qualified and hopefully registered. Unfortunately I am no longer young...

shep

Veteran
Oh it seems that the hospitality industry will be struggling as it opens up after Covid. Apparently there's a shortage of suitably skilled staff since we left the EU. Poor old Leavers will have to wait longer for their pie and pint.
That's a shame, luckily the 3 local pub's I go to all employed local English staff and they've all returned to work, admittedly I haven't gone into the Kitchen and seen the chefs but bar staff and waitresses have all returned.

Top Bottom