The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Another realisation you're/i'm getting older is when i moan to folk about the standards of driving now and how i don't like it. "Why not leave your car at home and use your bus pass"? they'll say. I'm only 58 going on 59 soon, so i don't qualify for a bus pass till i'm about 65,but they must think i'm 65 or over.:eek:

Another realisation you're/i'm getting older is when i moan to folk about the standards of driving now and how i don't like it. "Why not leave your car at home and use your bus pass"? they'll say. I'm only 58 going on 59 soon, so i don't qualify for a bus pass till i'm about 65,but they must think i'm 65 or over.:eek:
I can make you older grumpier by offering the info that in London folks get it at 60, including trains and tubes.
Not gloating at all I stress - just as a point of info.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I told Mrs R this week that all the squabbling bird noise from our birdfeeders was from goldfish fighting over getting access to the niger seed.

I suppose that next I will pronounce on our pond being full of goldfinches.
Thats "normal for Norfolk" but l guess you could say the same for Suffolk. I am an ex Eye resident and before that Diss , on the cusp as you might say :wacko:

slow scot

Veteran
Putting in "what are you reading thread" Wilt on High... When your reading Wilt in Nowhere :laugh:
I would check these "Wilt" titles again. There isn't, I don't think, one called "Wilt in Nowhere".😊
Did you ever check out the two South African ones? I think one was called "Riotous Assembly".

tyred

Legendary Member
I had received a bill I wanted to pay in the post this morning. I was going to pay by credit card.

I sat down with the letter spread out on the table with the credit card beside it but the call wouldn't go through. I dialled the number three times and I was wondering what was wrong as I had full signal strength when I realised I had been dialling the credit card number and not the telephone number which was printed on the letter head...:banghead:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Worth a read

Michael Morpurgo on keeping right on to the end of the road https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-49936323

classic33

Leg End Member
John Waynes last words were later placed on his gravestone, which had lain unmarked and untendedr a number of yeard after his death.

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.”

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Talking of driving is it me or has driving become notably more aggressive. When i was a youngster i used to hear my elders complain about the same thing, and just put it down them being moaning old "gits" but now i find my self doing the same thing. Should i just regard myself as a moaning old "git" now or has driving really taken a turn for the worst 🤔

D

Deleted member 1258

Talking of driving is it me or has driving become notably more aggressive. When i was a youngster i used to hear my elders complain about the same thing, and just put it down them being moaning old "gits" but now i find my self doing the same thing. Should i just regard myself as a moaning old "git" now or has driving really taken a turn for the worst 🤔

Its a bit of both, I drove over to Nuneaton today and parts of the journey was like being on a racetrack

Top Bottom