The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Here are the rolling green fields that I played in during my early childhood in Kenilworth ...

View attachment 475458

:sad:
Can't like that.

The "turning circle" with the entrance to a petrol station over the road and the field alongside the river being a football pitch.

classic33

Leg End Member
Of course the cruelest trick that nature plays, is letting you still feel young in your head...... your body wont play ball with that at all. It likes to give you pain, make stuff stop working and add stuff you dont want.
Such as, we need to be told.

@Smudge …..I told my wife she had drawn her eyebrows on too high...………..she looked surprised

Julia9054

Guru
Quote from some bloke I follow on Twitter.
On this day in 1985, it was Live Aid. Including all the ones that are dead, every single performer - including the Beach Boys - are younger than I am now.
Me too. I didn't watch it cos my family were moving house that day and the telly was in transit .
How was this 34 years ago

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
There's chronologically old, physically old, mentally old. So far only the first for me. Perhaps others are mourning the possibilities or chances they haven't taken. But it's never too late to change direction or take those chances.

I often think that what is taken to be old age is the effects of being less active as time goes on. I plan to be as active as I've always been till the Universe says "I give up!"

Top Bottom