The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reading this thread as the 'baby' of cyclechat, has proven insightful, amusing at times but also very sad at realising all of this will await me. 😭And puts me under more pressure to make use of my time and I feel guilty I don't cycle enough anymore.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Reading this thread as the 'baby' of cyclechat, has proven insightful, amusing at times but also very sad at realising all of this will await me. 😭And puts me under more pressure to make use of my time and I feel guilty I don't cycle enough anymore.
How old are you?

On another thought when I was a lot younger I used to say to my dad "your always moaning about this ache and your bad back" so he would just say "you wait you'll see" well I've waited and now I am seeing as all the things seem to take longer to get done as I think it will still be there tomorrow as I've not not got to do it today and I will feel better in the morning so beware if your only young and reading this, don't put it off as the older you get the time goes by far quicker. You wait You'll see!!

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I walked to my car last night to find a plastic bottle on the pavement. It annoyed me so i knocked it into the road with my walking stick. I've found myself doing this knocking stuff into the road lately. It was only a few days ago that i saw an old bloke walk past my flat doing the same thing,but knocking tiny things like cigarette ends off the pavement (he's been doing it for years) and at the time i thought "Here he is,why bother when there's crap all over the place"! Now i'm doing the same,albeit more annoying things..in my opinion. What's next for me.....cigarette ends maybe?:unsure:

Last edited:

Eziemnaik

Ãœber Member
c21bdd69-caef-4838-861d-a7a88b877235-x.jpeg

This young boy is 40 years old

Chris S

Legendary Member
Children wanting to go back to school.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Exercise is very protective of any deterioration. You can’t change your genes but you can change what you do with them. I don’t have any problems yet, but then I’m only mid 50s.

Maximise your potential healthy years as they say.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Exercise is very protective of any deterioration. You can’t change your genes but you can change what you do with them. I don’t have any problems yet, but then I’m only mid 50s.

Maximise your potential healthy years as they say.
Tests before my recent hip replacement revealed my blood pressure to be 'perfect', my BMI to be at the good end of the 'ideal' zone, and my veins to be 'excellent'. Keep pushin' those pedals, kid! :becool:

Top Bottom