The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There's a pedant in any group.

Is that actually true? Any group? Now if you had said 'some' groups or even 'many' groups I could have possibly gone along with you. At least you didn't say 'every' group. Have you any reliable source to back up your statistical assertion about the number of groups infiltrated by pedants?

In some groups there could even be more than one pedant, but I won't make an issue out of that point.

I drink regularly in a group of five pals and I am not convinced any of them is a pedant, although Jeff can be a bit picky on occasions, so I suppose he could be the one that proves your analysis, although I would not want to be too pedantic about that point. I shall watch his behaviour closely tomorrow night over the club and report back.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
Is that actually true? Any group? Now if you had said 'some' groups or even 'many' groups I could have possibly gone along with you. At least you didn't say 'every' group. Have you any reliable source to back up your statistical assertion about the number of groups infiltrated by pedants?

In some groups there could even be more than one pedant, but I won't make an issue out of that point.

I drink regularly in a group of five pals and I am not convinced any of them is a pedant, although Jeff can be a bit picky on occasions, so I suppose he could be the one that proves your analysis, although I would not want to be too pedantic about that point. I shall watch his behaviour closely tomorrow night over the club and report back.

That sort of response rather proves my point.

At IPSC 2014 it was agreed that within any Boolean selection, other than self selected group of Q individuals, there has to be n pedants. n is a real whole number that cannot be zero or more than Q. But it may equal Q.
When n does equal Q then the group is a Pile. After Augustus Pile a little known Luxembourg pedant and founder of most of the mathematics of pedantry.
The theorists broke away from what they referred to as the PM wing, calling themselves PP.
They futher split a few years later when they realised they needed mathematics to define the purity of pedantry
This led to confusion in the field with the emergence of PPM group, the OP and the renaming of the PP into the OPP.

Are you keeping up or am I boring you?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

A group of 5! OMG, are we the same person, I drink in a group of 5 too, and, at a club.

D

Deleted member 26715

That sort of response rather proves my point.

At IPSC 2014 it was agreed that within any Boolean selection, other than self selected group of Q individuals, there has to be n pedants. n is a real whole number that cannot be zero or more than Q. But it may equal Q.
When n does equal Q then the group is a Pile. After Augustus Pile a little known Luxembourg pedant and founder of most of the mathematics of pedantry.
The theorists broke away from what they referred to as the PM wing, calling themselves PP.
They futher split a few years later when they realised they needed mathematics to define the purity of pedantry
This led to confusion in the field with the emergence of PPM group, the OP and the renaming of the PP into the OPP.

Are you keeping up or am I boring you?

Please tell me more especially concerning the OPP splinter group

Gwylan

Veteran
Please tell me more especially concerning the OPP splinter group

Well this is usually member stuff but since you asked. The OP, were the Pile Pedants. The upheavals and quite unpleasa t discussions, especially over the official pedant digestive biscuit matter, lead to one splinter group renaming themselves the Official Pile Pedants.

That and the disappearance of the tea fund and one faction known as the Vanished really soured the 2016 EuroPed. Oh and the authorities who got completely the wrong end of the stick over the website name. Many members expressed reservations that proved well founded over the EuroPed16.Org site name.

Top Bottom