the recovery

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by markg0vbr, 10 Feb 2011.

1. markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

i had 45mins sitting on the trike peddling back words( i do not have rollers so had a cloth raped around the chain for a bit of resistance) one of the kids must have spotted i have had my bike shoes out becouse i have just thought i might go up and down the road a bit and see how i feel :whistle:
    er all three wheels are flat :eek: and the valves are missing :angry:
    pram, dummy, teddy bear, high velocity throw, i am now going to hold my breath until i turn blue and then scream and scream untill i am sick.:cursing: grumble mumble grumble cant do ewt sodding sat mumble grumble rotten kids spoil all my fun grumble.

2. trickletreat

trickletreat Senior Member

Give yourself a big kick up the a@$%, and don't push it until able to function without pain relief, we look forward to joining you on a ride soon after thumbsup.png

3. OP
    OP
    markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

just turning the peddles, only thing that was a slight tight feeling in the top of thigh half way between my knee and hip but that very quickly eased it is not like i intend to do any riding or anything.

4. trickletreat

Hi Mark, glad to hear it mate. But the kids know their dad smile.gif , if we were nearer to you you could rehabilitate on the back of this...

IMG_5881.jpg

5. byegad

byegad Guru

Keep up the recovery Mark I'm looking forward to filming you fall off your trike (Again!) on the way back from the pub at York Rally.

classic33 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

knowing my kids they would take the chain off.. mmm
    how do i know with a Kettwiesel trike i wonder???? my lad on the trice q

7. OP
    OP
    markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

i am in the process of fitting stabilizing casters to the rack.

classic33 likes this.
  8. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Sorry it made me laugh :biggrin: .... were they there to witness this and if not are you going to tell them that they foiled you. Have you not got any spare tubes?

9. OP
    OP
    markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

shshsh e bay fast delivery i have a cunning plan
    i will escape, just noticed my shoes are missing now.
    my friend will be over later in the week, so if he hasn't been gotten at........

10. trickletreat

11. OP
    OP
    markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

i think they might spot that, it looks like i am grounded until the 17th as i can not lift the trike out side on one leg(get wedged in the porch) but i am slowly loosing the plot.

classic33 likes this.
  12. trickletreat

May the plot be lost, and enjoy the prescribed gear!

13. OP
    OP
    markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

the only alternative is to hit the bear i am a cheep drunk two pint and i will be zonked.

14. OP
    OP
    markg0vbr

markg0vbr Über Member

bad night :cry:
    a bit better now full of pills :wacko: i think i am going to have a nap :tired:

15. Misty

Misty New Member

This SO takes me back.... bad nights, pain, frustration, impatience, boredom, tiredness like you hadn't slept in weeks and weeks etc.
    BUT, it does get better, honest....
    I confess I did a few stupid things and set back my recovery - insisting on walking to the shops (about 3/4 of a mile), in the rain, on crutches was probably the most daft. Got into the market square in our village and, being the wrong side of knackered, the crutches slipped on wet cobbles and plop, that was me on the floor AGAIN.
    Was rescued by a couple of little old ladies who honestly looked too fail to still be breathing.....
    I reckon that was the low point - actually, no, the low point was the look on my husband's face --- as realisation finally dawned on him that the girl he'd married was exceptionally stupid as well as stubborn and pig headed!!!!
    Keep your chin up & don't do anything daft.
    You'll be zipping up them thar hills again soon.

SatNavSaysStraightOn and dave r like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice