The search for my dream Dahon is over

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by seadragonpisces, 1 Aug 2012.

1. seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces Well-Known Member

Well I am finally managing to get the bike I really want, Dahon Mu EX (albeit in 2nd hand condition).

Sorry I hope this doesnt sound smug, not intentioned, I am just really excited, like a kid on Xmas.

I have heard the name of the previous owner but since I am not a cycling fanatic, I hear he is quite well-known. His name is Keith Henderson and it was his London commuter bike. Apparently it was the bike he rode to win the 2010 Smithfield Nocturne. As I said the name I have heard of but I am sure its familiar to others. Keith handed this bike back so he could get a Tern Verge X20 instead

The bike has been well looked after according to the seller who is a Dahon shareholder (and is involved in the company) and it only needs a new chain sometime soon. It comes with the same saddle and seatpost as on the current Tern Verge X20.

Anyway I will be getting it in 2 weeks and will post some pics then.

PS: I will probably sell my Jetstream P8 now, so if anybody wants a pretty much new bike at a big discount let me know, I want £600 cash for it (I bought it from CH White about a month ago and have used it twice). I live in Datchworth, Hertfordshire

2. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Congratulations on a good find. I remember Keith sold his Mu SL (on which he took his other two Nocturne wins), apparently he got loaned the EX as a publicity thing, I assume Tern did the same thing.

3. OP
    OP
    seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces Well-Known Member

Thanks. Its nice its got some history but I am just excited to get what I have been really looking for. I am sure it will be more than I need but I cant wait to get a new chain, a good service and get it on the road.

Will post some pics when I get it

4. byegad

byegad Legendary Member

No need to whisper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice