The Specials touring the UK !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yeah, was on here a coupla days ago... tickets go on sale next Thurs...
itching to get a ticket, but even the youngsters at the uni I work at are talking about it, so t'will be popular methinks! :smile:

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Just been listening to Terry Hall with the Dub Pistols, very good. I recommend you get a copy of the track ' Problem is' , Terry is on top form!

Niall Estick

Oh no, I can see it now, an auidience of fat, balding men in MA-1 Pilot jackets trying to skank. Arrghhh.

A bit like this fella. Could someone please tell him it's not 1982 any more:

3084634856_93dd32d0cf.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Niall Estick said:
Oh no, I can see it now, an auidience of fat, balding men in MA-1 Pilot jackets trying to skank. Arrghhh.
Like a gathering of Alexei Sayles? My skanking at a ska gig years ago (anyone remember the Potato 5?) amused my brothers Japanese wife (now ex), who said it looked like I was running :blush:

yello

Terry Hall is one of Britain's national treasures.

Inspired by this thread, I'm currently listening to the supremely good 'Laugh' (ironically entitled, I'm sure!) and rejoicing in some brilliant lyrics and pop-smithery. Terry Hall knows how to write a pop song and listening to him is to witness a master class. I challenge anyone to listen to 'I Saw The Light' and not be overwhelmed by the mastery of the pop aesthetic.

I've long been a fan of Terry Hall, from learning of him in The Specials (where 'Ghost Town' & 'Friday Night, Saturday Morning' marked the start of me listening out for him specifically), through various combos to the solo career. Some highlights along the way: 'The Telephone Always' & 'Our Lips Are Sealed' (Fun Boy Three) and 'Thinking of You' (Colourfield), all of the Bananarama associations (with 'Fun Boy Three') were brilliant fun.

I also reckon Fun Boy Three's 'Waiting' album has to be a contender for best album of all time, being in part pure pop poetry and ending in any incredibly chilling 'Well Fancy That!'.

Yes dear readers, I commend Terry Hall to the house!!

Top Bottom