The still nasty party....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...s-educated-like-compulsory-union-flag-flying/

Oh good God no!

I see this brainwashing forced patriotism here in Hong Kong and it doesn't go down well. How long will it be for the UK to bring in a law that punishes people for not 'respecting the flag/singing the national anthem' properly as we do here. And, as you'd expect, the law is very opaque.
The nasty party going for a Chinese😠

https://www.thenational.scot/news/1...s-educated-like-compulsory-union-flag-flying/

Oh good God no!

I see this brainwashing forced patriotism here in Hong Kong and it doesn't go down well. How long will it be for the UK to bring in a law that punishes people for not 'respecting the flag/singing the national anthem' properly as we do here? And, as you'd expect, that law is very opaque.
When I was a Boy Scout many years ago we had to use the union flag and any time I got to raise it I always made sure it was upside down. That is a distress signal in fact but it was very seldom noticed. Did give me a bit of quiet satisfaction tho'.

I had no wish to be associated with the Butcher's Apron and while we had to swear allegiance to somebody or other it was done with ill grace as there was no option if you wished to be a Boy Scout or a cub either.
It was just a youth organisation which but with emphasis on outdoors which I liked.
Even pre teen I did not believe that I was British/English. I was Scottish.

shep

Veteran
I had no wish to be associated with the Butcher's Apron and while we had to swear allegiance to somebody or other it was done with ill grace as there was no option if you wished to be a Boy Scout or a cub either.
It was just a youth organisation which but with emphasis on outdoors which I liked.
Even pre teen I did not believe that I was British/English. I was Scottish.
Didn't realise you're Scottish, absolutely understandable.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Where is Johnson and the government on this ? Not a fecking peep out of any of them.Its not like they weren't warned.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-in-northern-ireland-despite-appeals-for-calm
Like everything related to NI, it isn’t just Brexit related.
It’s an organised crime turf war, it’s the supposed soft treatment of Sinn Fein politicians and it’s a bit of anti brexit protocol.

The loyalist are realising that Westminster really doesn’t care about them anymore.

Adam4868

Guru
Like everything related to NI, it isn’t just Brexit related.
It’s an organised crime turf war, it’s the supposed soft treatment of Sinn Fein politicians and it’s a bit of anti brexit protocol.

The loyalist are realising that Westminster really doesn’t care about them anymore.
Those pesky Sinn Fein breaking Covid rules...those Loyalists do take public health seriously....Rightly so too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom