The Suffolk Villages Bike Ride Sunday 27th June 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
OliverAmoros

OliverAmoros

This thread was for the 2010 ride.
Please visit the website for details of the latest ride:

[url="http://www.stowlions.org.uk/bikeride"]www.stowlions.org.uk/bikeride[/url]

earth

I grew up in Stowmarket.

I noticed there is an entry fee but refreshments are on sale. You mean they don't come with the entry? Presumably you don't need to get sponsorship. Are you doing the Suffolk Sunrise as well?

OP
OP
OliverAmoros

OliverAmoros

earth said:
I noticed there is an entry fee but refreshments are on sale. You mean they don't come with the entry? Presumably you don't need to get sponsorship. Are you doing the Suffolk Sunrise as well?

There is an entry fee but you don't HAVE to raise extra cash although a sponsorship form is provided if you want to.

Last year some of the marshal points we're giving out free squash/water to riders but there was a cafe back at the start/finish selling hot and cold food etc. Fair enough I think - it is a fundraiser afterall ;)
I'm also told that free bananas will be on offer at half way on the 2 longer rides this year.

No we're not doing the sunrise but ARE doing the London2Brighton too.
I think the 'Villages' ride will be good this year. It's run by Stow Lions volunteers and they're getting better at organising it.

See you there?

Oli

OP
OP
OliverAmoros

OliverAmoros

xpc316e said:
Thanks for posting this; it looks to be right up my street.

I have just noticed on your profile page that you ride a recumbent. Would you be using it for this ride? It would be great to see some interesting bikes on the day!

OP
OP
OliverAmoros

OliverAmoros

2 months to go till the big day! 27th June...

OP
OP
OliverAmoros

OliverAmoros

Mike! said:
Might well be interested in this one, about 6 weeks to go and i've only just started riding again.....

Haha! Well that should be enough time to get limbered up. There's always the 45k if you didn't fancy the 75k!

My wife has signed up to do this one with me. It'll be her longest ride ever and the first since last July! Hopefully the weather will be better that the Suffolk Sunrise, 6:15 in the car park at Woodbridge FC in the rain and I was not a happy man!

OP
OP
OliverAmoros

OliverAmoros

Weather was perfect last year so fingers crossed eh? We're doing the L2B the week before so that should suffice for training :/

Top Bottom