The Ultimate Jeremy Corbyn Thread

Duffy

You would think however, that in a time of severe difficulty for the Labour Party, that the leader of the party would take any opportunity to clearly demonstrate that he was dealing effectively and decisively with the cause of that difficulty........

Not a time for hiding is my point I do believe.

Kajjal

Veteran
Has anyone actually come up with a real case of anti-semitism yet ?

Or is it still "not doing enough" "cover up" and so on. There are more and more people claiming things are bad, but where's the underlying offence ?

I'm being perfectly serious here

For the record I'm no fan of Corbyn and am likely to leave the party for unrelated reasons, but I've still to here a specific and credible accusation - emphasis on specific.
An interview with a human rights lawyer made a similar point. That antisemitism and other forms of intolerance need to be dealt with in a fact based, process and not just vague accusations. The problem is the current bitter political civil war within Labour is making this difficult to do. They also referenced the large number of Conservative members in a recent poll taking the view they did not want a Muslim PM. This is a very poor reflection on the direction our society is moving in and the extremists gloating on both sides using for their own agenda a people who had the holocaust inflicted on them is disgraceful.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
An interview with a human rights lawyer made a similar point. That antisemitism and other forms of intolerance need to be dealt with in a fact based, process and not just vague accusations. The problem is the current bitter political civil war within Labour is making this difficult to do. They also referenced the large number of Conservative members in a recent poll taking the view they did not want a Muslim PM. This is a very poor reflection on the direction our society is moving in and the extremists gloating on both sides using for their own agenda a people who had the holocaust inflicted on them is disgraceful.
To my simple view, any form of discrimination under the law should be treated by the same process within society and organisations. There shouldn't need to be any special requirements for Jewish peoples.

Fab Foodie

Out of interest, are the number of Jewish people in the Labour party particularly any higher than say the Cons or Libs etc? Are they over-represented compared to the general population?
How does the same yardstick look when applied to Muslims?
I ask, as I don't understand why Antisemitism should be particularly high in the Labour party. What are the reasons?

Reactions: C R

Duffy

Just google it with regards to the extreme left wing and the “capitalist Jewish classes!!” (Not my position just explaining)

Simplistic stuff that the hard left take terribly seriously and which is a big part of their world picture.

The influx of the hard left under the Momentum umbrella has firmly re-established this credos in Labour after Kinnock’s battle to oust them.

OP
theclaud

theclaud

It's teeceegawnmaaaad
Out of interest, are the number of Jewish people in the Labour party particularly any higher than say the Cons or Libs etc? Are they over-represented compared to the general population?
How does the same yardstick look when applied to Muslims?
I ask, as I don't understand why Antisemitism should be particularly high in the Labour party. What are the reasons?
It isn't.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
My simple take is as follows:

1. There are some genuine anti-semites in Labour. They need dealing with and the present leadership needs to get to grips
  2. The Labour Party is much less pro-Israel than was historically the case and it is overtly supportive of the Palestinians. This does not go down well with (a) Israel and (b) the well funded and articulate pro Israel lobby in UK who are happy to conflate 1&2. Adoption of the IHRA definition of anti semitism is grist to their mill
  3. Israeli government is sh!t scared of a pro Palestinian state with a seat on UN Security Council. They are therefore stirring the pot as well.

Fab Foodie

My simple take is as follows:

1. There are some genuine anti-semites in Labour. They need dealing with and the present leadership needs to get to grips
  2. The Labour Party is much less pro-Israel than was historically the case and it is overtly supportive of the Palestinians. This does not go down well with (a) Israel and (b) the well funded and articulate pro Israel lobby in UK who are happy to conflate 1&2. Adoption of the IHRA definition of anti semitism is grist to their mill
  3. Israeli government is sh!t scared of a pro Palestinian state with a seat on UN Security Council. They are therefore stirring the pot as well.
That seems a reasonable assessment, but also a no-win situation. Even if the true Anti-Semites are removed, you still have to deal with vociferous Pro-Israeli conflation.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom