The Ultimate Jeremy Corbyn Thread

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by theclaud, 24 Feb 2018.

1. Kajjal

Kajjal Veteran

2. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Seems Emily Thornberry at least is showing a bit of common sense in the matter. She said "I think we shouldn't be going after the messenger but looking at the message. I think that is what is important".
    "Nobody can pretend there isn't an on going problem about anti Semitism within the party, about our processes for dealing with it".

3. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Has anyone actually come up with a real case of anti-semitism yet ?

Or is it still "not doing enough" "cover up" and so on. There are more and more people claiming things are bad, but where's the underlying offence ?

I'm being perfectly serious here

For the record I'm no fan of Corbyn and am likely to leave the party for unrelated reasons, but I've still to here a specific and credible accusation - emphasis on specific.

Poacher, C R, AndyRM and 1 other person like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

5. Duffy

Duffy Well-Known Member

You would think however, that in a time of severe difficulty for the Labour Party, that the leader of the party would take any opportunity to clearly demonstrate that he was dealing effectively and decisively with the cause of that difficulty........

Not a time for hiding is my point I do believe.

6. Diogenes

Diogenes Opinions, schminions

Be interesting to hear if the rumours that 150,000 people have left the party in the last 18 months are true.

7. Kajjal

Kajjal Veteran

An interview with a human rights lawyer made a similar point. That antisemitism and other forms of intolerance need to be dealt with in a fact based, process and not just vague accusations. The problem is the current bitter political civil war within Labour is making this difficult to do. They also referenced the large number of Conservative members in a recent poll taking the view they did not want a Muslim PM. This is a very poor reflection on the direction our society is moving in and the extremists gloating on both sides using for their own agenda a people who had the holocaust inflicted on them is disgraceful.

Poacher, C R and Profpointy like this.
  8. Diogenes

Diogenes Opinions, schminions

Apropos nothing, I hadn't really noticed just how much the Labour Party has been devastated in Scotland under Corbyn

snip.JPG

9. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

The labour party was devastated in Scotland because it cosied up to the Tories in the Indyref. The big loss was in 2015. Corbyn was not the leader in 2015.

AndyRM and theclaud like this.
  10. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

To my simple view, any form of discrimination under the law should be treated by the same process within society and organisations. There shouldn't need to be any special requirements for Jewish peoples.

11. Fab Foodie

Out of interest, are the number of Jewish people in the Labour party particularly any higher than say the Cons or Libs etc? Are they over-represented compared to the general population?
    How does the same yardstick look when applied to Muslims?
    I ask, as I don't understand why Antisemitism should be particularly high in the Labour party. What are the reasons?

C R likes this.
  12. Duffy

Duffy Well-Known Member

Just google it with regards to the extreme left wing and the “capitalist Jewish classes!!” (Not my position just explaining)

Simplistic stuff that the hard left take terribly seriously and which is a big part of their world picture.

The influx of the hard left under the Momentum umbrella has firmly re-established this credos in Labour after Kinnock’s battle to oust them.

Cycleops likes this.
  13. AndyRM

AndyRM XOXO

That was the icing on a sh!tey cake of neglect and complacency.

theclaud and Duffy like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    theclaud

theclaud It's teeceegawnmaaaad

It isn't.

AndyRM likes this.
  15. Fab Foodie

So why the rumpus?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice