The ultimate Sir Keir Starmer thread

If I remember correctly, that was the exact same thing regularly (and correctly) trotted out by the previous Labour leader, and pointed to by his supporters as evidence he was the right person for the job.

Now those self same supporters are using the same line as evidence that Starmer is not the right person for the job - despite the fact it's them themselves who are prompting to say it. Starmer is correct too - he does still have the backing of most of the party.

A little bit of humility from the people who lost Labour the last two elections wouldn't go amiss. It's not the Labour party that elects politicians, it's the overwhelming majority of the country who don't belong to or have tribal allegiance to a political party.
The fact you have to say this speaks volumes.:whistle:

Adam4868

Guru
I'm not Corbyn...don't mention Brexit...remind me again what I am ? To be fair to Starmer the last time he actually had a idea it was for a second referendum and look how that turned out 🙄
Still there's time yet.

Adam4868

Guru
Christ these people have really jumped the shark. In other news, I see they are determined to lose Bristol to the Greens. Which will probably be for the best, tbh.
Back to the future Labour stylee :rolleyes: Probally better for me to think about UKIP if I'm wanting something a little more left...:laugh:

Dag Hammar

Regular
I’m just having my lunch and I saw in the post above the word “Mandelson”
Lucky for me that I’d finished my last mouthful.
Ugh, please keep that man away from all forms of media.

Adam4868

Guru
The more the merrier...bring back Blair aswell.I mean as long as they "win" who gives a feck what they are ?

Adam4868

Guru
No need, and no calls, to bring back Blair. That is just another straw man argument.

Just learn from the sensible things they did with regard to elections, and don't go to war just to stay besties with the US.
Your right...this will have the red wall flocking back.:laugh:

Didn't deter them in the three elections Labour won.

Getting them back is going to be hard, but losing them was just plain dumb.

If Starmer can't bring large numbers of them back in the next three years he won't deserve to survive, but perhaps he is just the best out of a very uninspiring bunch.
Starmer won't win in 2024 - nor would any Labour leader. It's how close he gets that counts.

Sure he's 5 or 6 % behind right now. That's the vaccination bounce -I can't believe people are surprised.

Adam4868

Guru
Starmer won't win in 2024 - nor would any Labour leader. It's how close he gets that counts.

Sure he's 5 or 6 % behind right now. That's the vaccination bounce -I can't believe people are surprised.
Remember when it was "if we had a decent leader we'd be 20 points ahead".....

Remember when it was "if we had a decent leader we'd be 20 points ahead".....
A lot has happened in the past year that is making popularity polls bounce around a bit, if you hadn't noticed.
I would be more worried about the polls if Starmer cannot pick up in the polls once this year is out and people can put both the Government's Covid mishandling into context (we have just about the worst Covid death/infection rate of any wealthy nation), and the full effects of Brexit begin to hit them. Johnson is currently benefiting from the feel good factor of the vaccination programme, but one day that will be put into overall context.
I agree though that Starmer needs to show a bit more passion to add to his "forensic" skills, and not get side-tracked by the cat-calls from the usual suspects in the Labour Party.

Top Bottom