The Hydro, Wind, Solar Farm and Renewable Energy generation baggers thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
There's a 28 year old one nearby up for sale. Only £4,500,000.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
There's a 28 year old one nearby up for sale. Only £4,500,000.
Good deal if it comes with a large house and a couple of Hectares of land.

I didn't realise i had not only 1 solar farm near me, but 3! The clouds must just be above my house... Just up the road near HMP Sudbury there's 7!

I never knew.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good deal if it comes with a large house and a couple of Hectares of land.

I didn't realise i had not only 1 solar farm near me, but 3! The clouds must just be above my house... Just up the road near HMP Sudbury there's 7!

I never knew.
No house, built on a bog, access is iffy and there's access disputes. Oh and only one customer, just under two miles away, with 15 miles of cable between the two.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Visited on foot, as I'm not riding at the moment for medical reasons.

The M1 Wind Farm, south of the village of Roade. When I used to commute id go this way.on my MTB in the good weather.

Not exactly month Everest, but at about 130M or so ASL it's the highest point between there and the North Sea, which means the wind whips in (doubtless why it was built there) and it's blummen chilly.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
If I had an off-road capable bike I would absolutely win this thread. Whitelees is just up the road, and at 215 turbines it would take a fair bit of time to visit them all.
I could challenge you on this one as there are hundreds offshore here , between Prestatyn and Rhos on Sea and more are being planned to start in 2022 off Llanfairfechan. There is no way I am going to swim there to take pictures. :laugh:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Oh and only one customer, just under two miles away, with 15 miles of cable between the two.

Probably just enough amperage to charge a mobile phone by the time it gets to the end of that 15miles

classic33

Leg End Member
It was a joke.

Copper as good of a conductor of electricity as it can be. The longer the cable, the more electrical resistance and signal degradation it faces unless it runs into a booster or signal repeater box part way to boost or repeat the signal so it can carry on to where it needs to go.
More a publicity stunt for a "green/eco" school than anything.
20 years before any cables were laid.

Top Bottom