They're back....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A couple of sunny day's in London sure brings out the fair weather cycling commuters. For the past couple of months, hardly any cyclists of note. Today.. the first A21 peleton of the year...

HobbesChoice

I noticed the influx this morning too. PLUS, I've also noticed that more and more are stopping at traffic lights. The major set of traffic lights around Bank was like a big yellow glow as I passed there! Brilliant.

I did feel a bit smug too, seeing all these professional looking riders who weren't cycling with me in the winter! They may have just found better winter routes, but I think I'll keep feeling smug anyway! It boosts me to cycle more!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Peletons on commutes...blimey.... we get a two up TT at the most here.

Had a nice A34 dash into town (Mcr), and scalped a squad rider - bloody hard work out running a road bike on a 74" fixed...my little legs were going like the clappers.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I'm going to check this phenomenon out for myself- it's sunny and I don't know how long the sun will be out for so I'm going out on the bike!

HobbesChoice

ianrauk said:
Shows what a shallow life I lead eh Oscar!

I think Oscar was just letting you know that all of your previous posts have ly been printed and stored safely to be read through and revised. :biggrin:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Just me and the postman as usual.
Been a few extras at the train station with shiny bikes and even shinier hi-viz though.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
ianrauk said:
A couple of sunny day's in London sure brings out the fair weather cycling commuters. For the past couple of months, hardly any cyclists of note. Today.. the first A21 peleton of the year...
And where you in the break away? :biggrin:

My route is fairly popular so i still got 20+ cyclists per commute even in the winter. but i can see it's shooting up, even road with a guy from right outside my house to streatham! although he was a pain in the arse and couldn't hold a decent road position!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Of course mate.. even at my normal cruising speed I am faster then a lot of the fair weathers.. *big head mode*

gaz said:
And where you in the break away? :sad:

My route is fairly popular so i still got 20+ cyclists per commute even in the winter. but i can see it's shooting up, even road with a guy from right outside my house to streatham! although he was a pain in the arse and couldn't hold a decent road position!

rh100

seen a few more about - but my start time has changed so not sure how much is down to weather.

one guy was a bit too quick for me but for some reason he insisted on riding in the gutter, and flobbing when I was a few meters behind - not impressed.

as for shiny hi vis' - is a mucky one a mark of honour? - hate it when mine is washed and just a bit too bright :sad:

Top Bottom