Thiefs caught!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Just a moral lifter:
October I had my nice giant mtb stolen from my local train station - this was the bike I commuted on and more or less my first "proper" bike.

Recently the buzz got in contact with me saying they found my bike - I confirmed that it was my bike via photos they sent me, I have to go to the station this sunday to bring proof of purchase etc, but the WPC that I am in contact with me has informed me that two guys are on bail for trying to sell this bike.

At least that SHOULD be two less bike stealing buggers out there.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
result!!!!

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
montage said:
Just a moral lifter:
October I had my nice giant mtb stolen from my local train station - this was the bike I commuted on and more or less my first "proper" bike.

Recently the buzz got in contact with me saying they found my bike - I confirmed that it was my bike via photos they sent me, I have to go to the station this sunday to bring proof of purchase etc, but the WPC that I am in contact with me has informed me that two guys are on bail for trying to sell this bike.

gd!!!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I was talking to one of my local peelers today and he was saying that they recently caught one of the wee bast@rds who have been nicking bikes across the south side of Edinburgh and have recovered a number of bikes. Trouble is because people don't report their bike being stolen they can't reunite the bikes with their owners. So if you have recently had your bike stolen nip along to your local cop shop and let them know...

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
montage said:
Just a moral lifter:

Don't want to urinate in your chips, but on bail means they ARE out there. They can either be bailed back to the police station pending further enqs or charged with the offence and bailed to court.

To make your chips even soggier, the likelyhood of a custodial sentence for that crime is on a par with me being fellated by Fern Britton whilst outsprinting Tom Boonen up the Champs Elysee.

mr Mag00

rising member
you must be pleased to be getting your bike back. ther have been a number of threads about stolen recovered bikes etc.
somewhere someone said how you can buy unclaimed bikes can someone post those details again, ta.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
mr Mag00 said:
you must be pleased to be getting your bike back. ther have been a number of threads about stolen recovered bikes etc.
somewhere someone said how you can buy unclaimed bikes can someone post those details again, ta.

The police generally keep the bikes for about 6 months in the hope of reuniting them with their owners, after that they are sent to auction. Many police forces use Bumblebee Auctions, but not all you would need to check locally. Lothian and Borders Police use Wilsons Auctions...

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Don't want to urinate in your chips, but on bail means they ARE out there. They can either be bailed back to the police station pending further enqs or charged with the offence and bailed to court.

To make your chips even soggier, the likelyhood of a custodial sentence for that crime is on a par with me being fellated by Fern Britton whilst outsprinting Tom Boonen up the Champs Elysee.

Recently went in to give a statement- since this saga started, one of the theifs is allready in jail and the other is on bail for a different crime - these guys are well known to the police force for multiple different crimes, VERY strong case against them.

They aren't escaping.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I am very pleased for you. Hopefully both scroats will go down for a while.
Was the bike damaged at all?

Dave
montage said:
Recently went in to give a statement- since this saga started, one of the theifs is allready in jail and the other is on bail for a different crime - these guys are well known to the police force for multiple different crimes, VERY strong case against them.

They aren't escaping.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
montage said:

They aren't escaping.

Err.....Fern darling, I have a job for you, just let me catch up with Mr Boonen....!

Touche;)

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Police want to hold the bike as "evidence", not damaged at all by the photos.
Will be a while till I get the bike back but I am more pleased that there are two less theives to worry about :bicycle:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Handling stolen goods carries a higher sentance than the theft itself. However, a custodial sentance for bike theft would be rare unless the accused had prior convictions or was on probation. Theft of a Bicycle is actually a separate offence rather than the Taking of a Conveyance or Theft per se.

When my Raleigh was nicked a few years ago (20) with a job lot of other bikes from the school bike shed. I was told it'd probably go to Ireland

Top Bottom