Things I don't understand ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
1) Seen yesterday in the supermarket - mince pies, with a christmassy theme. At the beginning of September, fully four months before the birthday of the Big J himself. Bonkers.

2) Bottled water. I can understand the necessity of bottled water when you're in a country where the water that comes out of the tap is green and has things living in it, but not in this country! I even know someone who thinks refillable water bottles are, "just so like, ewwwww, whatever". Why, I can't fathom ...

3) Dettol protects! Did you know that if you don't keep your house disinfected to the extent that it would pass the cleanliness checks for a hospital operating theatre, you're going to die of BACTERIA!!!
blink.gif
And for god's sake, don;t use a soap dispenser where you actually have to touch the pump, that is just so like, ewwwww, whatever!

Peckham Springs comes to mind for some reason!:biggrin:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
1) Seen yesterday in the supermarket - mince pies, with a christmassy theme. At the beginning of September, fully four months before the birthday of the Big J himself. Bonkers.

2) Bottled water. I can understand the necessity of bottled water when you're in a country where the water that comes out of the tap is green and has things living in it, but not in this country! I even know someone who thinks refillable water bottles are, "just so like, ewwwww, whatever". Why, I can't fathom ...

3) Dettol protects! Did you know that if you don't keep your house disinfected to the extent that it would pass the cleanliness checks for a hospital operating theatre, you're going to die of BACTERIA!!!
blink.gif
And for god's sake, don;t use a soap dispenser where you actually have to touch the pump, that is just so like, ewwwww, whatever!

I can kinda understand 1 if you have a large family you can slowly stock up and avoid the horrendous Christmas rush.

2 and 3 show the power of marketing and / or the idiocy or people.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
The danger of stocking up over the course of several months is that you overstock and are still eating Christmas goodies at Easter. Not that I'm talking from personal experience or anything :blush:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The danger of stocking up over the course of several months is that you overstock and are still eating Christmas goodies at Easter. Not that I'm talking from personal experience or anything :blush:

Nothing wrong with that :smile: :whistle:

blink.gif

What I love is just after you don't touch the pump (or touch the pump, as the case might be), whaddya do? You turn on the tap! And then you turn off the tap again - yes, that INFESTED tap - which everyone touches before washing their hands. :wacko:

Also remember that 'wait, germs lurk in the plastic holder of your toilet bleacher thingy' so we'll rather squish it right onto the toilet seat bit? Unless you have pets or children which persist in drinking from the toilet bowl, what does it matter which germs are lurking in your toilet bleacher thingy (and if you do have pets or children drinking from the toilet bowl, I'm pretty sure drinking bleach isn't good for them either!)

Give me less chemicals and more bacteria any day.

And what's this 'removes 99% of allergens' lark or something similar? Vaccuum cleaning or wiping with anything, not just an 'antibacterial' would surely do just as well?!?

Night Train

Maker of Things
Those Toilet Duck squirt on toilet cleaners that stick to the bowl without a cage.
Supposedly removing the cage removes a source of bacteria.
If the Toilet Duck stuff can't kill the bacteria on its own cage then what use is it diluted and spread about the rest of the bowl?

Same with the hands free hand cleaner dispenser.
When I touch the dispenser my hands are already dirty and the cleaner should then clean my hands. I wouldn't then re touch the dispenser to 'reinfect' my hands with bacteria.

I guess at some point someone will have bottled hand washing water (with hands free dispensing?) for washing your hands after they have been in tap water.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
What I love is just after you don't touch the pump (or touch the pump, as the case might be), whaddya do? You turn on the tap! And then you turn off the tap again - yes, that INFESTED tap - which everyone touches before washing their hands. :wacko:

Also remember that 'wait, germs lurk in the plastic holder of your toilet bleacher thingy' so we'll rather squish it right onto the toilet seat bit? Unless you have pets or children which persist in drinking from the toilet bowl, what does it matter which germs are lurking in your toilet bleacher thingy (and if you do have pets or children drinking from the toilet bowl, I'm pretty sure drinking bleach isn't good for them either!)

Give me less chemicals and more bacteria any day.

And what's this 'removes 99% of allergens' lark or something similar? Vaccuum cleaning or wiping with anything, not just an 'antibacterial' would surely do just as well?!?

There is evidence to suggest that people are sicker today then 50 years ago due to the incessant disinfecting and cleaning regime that people believe they need to go through.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Same with the hands free hand cleaner dispenser.
When I touch the dispenser my hands are already dirty and the cleaner should then clean my hands. I wouldn't then re touch the dispenser to 'reinfect' my hands with bacteria.

P'raps we should have those elbow-operated taps and dispensers used in hospitals... or p'raps not... germs are good, sometimes.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have nothing against bacterial and antibacterial handwashes are only really usefull to me in hospital.
What I need is a hands free Swarfega dispenser so that the Swarfega doesn't get wet.:biggrin:

Top Bottom