Things people say....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Took my mum to the hospital cardiology department this morning. We were sitting in the waiting room and mum started contemplating life and her sister's impending 80th birthday party and how they would miss people who were at the 70th party, then she said " ...two more went this morning."

After a short lull she said, "...and Dot's died again."
Stunned I said, "Again?"

She looked at me and started to laugh, which set me off and within seconds the whole waiting room were at it- it was just one of those moments- tears streaming down faces and people holding their sides. The consultant came out to see what was wrong and said that was probably the best treatment they'd get that day.

Dot's her sister's car.....

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
:biggrin:

Rebel Ian

Yes, laughter's a great tonic.

My eldest daughter has been a bit miserable recently and last night we were playing baseball on the Wii! I threw the ball and the controller slipped out of my hand. No, it didn't go through the TV.....the strap stopped it but it carried on in a downward arc as the strap took the tension smacking me firmly in the man parts!

I haven't heard her laugh so much in ages and was just what she needed!!!! Calls for Mrs Rebel to rub it better were ignored!!

Chilternrides

Aha, an impromtu giggling fit :biggrin:

I do hope it was one of those that just as the laughter subsides and you start to get your breath back, the ridiculousness of it it all comes back and round two ensues!

OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Aha, an impromtu giggling fit :biggrin:

I do hope it was one of those that just as the laughter subsides and you start to get your breath back, the ridiculousness of it it all comes back and round two ensues!

Yup, when the consultant came out and asked what was happening, my mum had just about recovered and was desperately trying to look sensible, caught my eye and went off again.

Top Bottom