Things That Make You Go @#^*@

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Coming out of Nuneaton dinner time having just finished work and heading back to Coventry I get to the bottom of a hill, spinning the fixed at about 30mph, and my front light flies off. I stop and look back and its lying in the road intact. As I get of the bike and start walking back a car driver runs it over and shatters it into a thousand pieces ;):angry::smile:. I've just had to shell out twenty quid on a new front light, most unimpressed.

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s38p765

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I had my old computer fly out a few times!! one time whilst going down regent street at around 28mph. it went across the road and onto the pavement, can't believe i found it!!

My Garmin also fell out and landed on top of a grated drain. i was saying @*&% for a different reason!

Have lost a total of three front lights, four rear lights, a cycle computer, one 'banana guard' and the elbow from my altura jacket in a period of three and a half years.

On the plus side I have picked up two 13mm spanners and a front reflector from the roadside.

Things never really balance out do they?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

thomas said:
I caught my light getting run over on film.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7rF4d-4y3w

First car noticed and went around...the second didn't and clipped it and sent it flying. You'll be able to hear my slow mo "NOOOooooooo!" on the vid :smile:.

Still works though :biggrin::biggrin:

I reckon mine would have worked, if I has got to it first, when the car hit it it shattered and sprayed the area with shards of plastic.:biggrin:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

gaz said:
I hope you cleaned the plastic up, don't want anyone getting a puncture :biggrin:

No, I would have been there for hours and still not got it all. :sad:

In my early days on the MTB I lost a couple of pumps until I discovered velcro straps.

And glasses, well. Again MTB related, stop for a rest and a bite to eat remove glasses and place on fence post. Ride off, 5 miles later oh dear wheres my glasses! Of course the moral is 'dont buy expensive glasses'

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Started sleeting on the way home the other day, rooting around in a pocket for my cap while riding down an unlit road I managed to pull my keys out with it.

Found them though it took me a while- they were much further down the road than I expected.

I've been lucky, touch wood with the thing that have flown off my bike in general I've been able to rescue them before they were destroyed by traffic. Not so with my Blackburn Mars :-( One of the underside teeth of its clip snapped off but I didn't think it was a problem until I turned left at the bottom of a hill, it went flying off in traffic and was promptly run over.

Trumpettom001

Is it just me or is that a bit ambitious bor a bike light??? 130W is surely one or two too many???

(says the kid building a 3200 lum cycle light...)

Top Bottom