Things you enjoy, but don't often do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Staggering home from the pub :blush: !

Aperitif;45367][QUOTE=WindyRob said:
isn't it obvious, i'm married so it must be sex :ohmy::ohmy:

Windy

with your name Rob, do you find your balls going all over the place too? :ohmy:[/QUOTE]

they do tend to rock gently from side to side, the rate of oscilation is dependant upon whether i'm going up or down a hill :blush:;)

Windy

buggi

Bird Saviour
flower arranging. i have a flare for it and occasionally do people's wedding flowers and i really enjoy it. and i always think, i'm pretty good at this sh!t, i must go to college and learn properly bcoz then i would be rich (or at least not overdrawn... have you seen how much florists charge!), but once the wedding's over i forget and i go back to my day job.

mondobongo

Über Member
Going the Match tickets are like gold dust these days and expensive to boot all too easy to say will watch it on TV.

Mr Phoebus

buggi said:
flower arranging. i have a flare for it and occasionally do people's wedding flowers and i really enjoy it. and i always think, i'm pretty good at this sh!t, i must go to college and learn properly bcoz then i would be rich (or at least not overdrawn... have you seen how much florists charge!), but once the wedding's over i forget and i go back to my day job.
You're damn right, it's daylight shrubbery.

longers

Legendary Member
Toshiba Boy said:
Second vote for drawing.

+1. I started some pictures last year, got a computer and here I am.
The pictures are under the stairs quarter finished.:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
buggi said:

Go to college Buggi. They certainly do charge good money for it. You could too. :blush:

yenrod

>Things you enjoy, but don't often do....

Cycling...esp. when you havent ALL wk.end and had to run instead :blush:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Buggi,
Speaking from experience, my ex had a flair for flower arranging, so went to college and started doing wedding /floral (funeral) arrangements and between us we could quadruple the money spent on flowers / accessories easily (and we weren't expensive, just average).
The only bear in the ointment was going to the wholesale market in Brum at 4am on a Thursday or Friday morning, the frenetic panic on a Saturday when 2 carnations had give up the ghost etc. etc. (I used to do photography so thats how she got into it intially)
If you decide to go for it, when at the wholesale, pick two or three regular suppliers, you can then leave a list/ colour samples with them while you nip off to the ribbon man etc.. plus you'll notice the prices start to drop marginally as you get to know them, e.g 25 red roses for Valentines Day ? £50 in the shop (then) £7.50 at wholesale but normally £5.00.
Go for it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Bake stuff. I haven't made a fairy cake (oo-er!) in years. On holiday last Autumn I picked wild blackberrys, scrumped some apples and bade a blackberry and apple crumble. Superb (said he, modestly). Never get round to doing things like that at home.

Top Bottom