Things you have had for ages.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
User76 said:
I have just been cleaning out my hip-flask, and I began remembering all the times me and that hip-flask have been through together:biggrin: I think it is the thing I still use regularly, and have had the longest (if you see what I mean!) I got it in the shoe repairers on the corner of Bridge Street in Buckingham in the summer of 1982. It holds 6oz and has a burgundy leather cover.

What item have you had the longest that you regularly still use?

Cast iron frying pan and casserole bought from Scotcade in 1978.

My son is now wearing a Led Zepplin t-shirt that I bought at their Knebworth gig in 1979. He's the envy of his peers.

Danny

Legendary Member
vernon said:
Cast iron frying pan and casserole bought from Scotcade in 1978.
+1

I actually think I got mine in the late 80's, along with a set of cast iron saucepans. You'd pay a fortune these days for similar quality items.

Whatever happened to Scotcade anyway?

gbb

Legendary Member
I've only just got rid of it, but my dad was in the RAF and we had a yellow plastic collander with the government 'birds foot' symbol and 1958 stamped on the bottom.
Mum gave it to us 25 years ago, so it's had nearly 50 years use. T'was still ok, but looked a bit tired...and possibly unhygenic :ohmy:

ChrisKH

Guru
In the kitchen we have Le Creuset pans, frying pan and casserole dish acquired on a day trip to France which have been in use since mid 1980. Still going strong.

Young Un

My dad has some pre war tools that we still use that we got from my grandad when he passed away. (some of the tools were given to the gaydon heritage centre and are still on display there).

Steve

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Dannyg said:
+1

I actually think I got mine in the late 80's, along with a set of cast iron saucepans. You'd pay a fortune these days for similar quality items.

Whatever happened to Scotcade anyway?

Scotcade became Kaleidescope and both incarnations have a registered office in Bradford that I think is part of the Grattans catalogue empire.

I no longer use the sauce pans, my wife finds them a tad heavy, but the value for money at the time - £20 was incredible.

wafflycat

Mr Wafflycat. Had him for over 20 years now.

Chrisz

Über Member
I have a stuffed 'Snoopy' I was given by my (then current) girlfriend when I joined up in 1979 - he's been everywhere with me and still comes out for outings :tongue:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
My cutlery with "ears of corn" motif, from coupons from "Force" cereal when I was a kid.

1978 Fender Precision. Although I haven't had it from 1978 I have had it for a long time.

My amp'n'speakers are 22 years old.

My job, 20 years.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I still eat my meals off of pyrex plates given to my parents as a wedding gift in the 50's.

Still have a breadbin from the kitchen of the house i grew up in

Still got a few extra lbs on the midrift

Amanda P

Legendary Member
I'm very fond of a stainless steel thermos flask I bought in Maidstone in 1989. It gets a lot of use and still keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. (How does it know?)

And I've just (reluctantly, after several repairs) replaced a music stand that only lasted 30 years.

Top Bottom