Things you thought were true when you were a kid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

That if you ate a pip from an Apple or orange a tree would grow inside my stomach

Eating bread crusts gives you curly hair

Night Train

Maker of Things
Greedo said:
That if you ate a pip from an Apple or orange a tree would grow inside my stomach
So if I ate a pip you'd get the tree?

That's not fair, I want the tree!

:biggrin:

thomas

the tank engine
I remember as a kid I didn't understand why I could still hear when someone broke the sound barrier ;). I assumed it was some reckless man, lots of police cars chasing him as he drove through some wooden barrier that controlled sound :biggrin:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Tell the truth and shame the devil

Greedo said:

Eating bread crusts gives you curly hair

It was tomato seeds with me. Everyone knows if you swallowed one you'd end up with a tomato plant growing out of your head... :blush:

U

User482

The sky's blue because it reflects off the sea. Told to me by my mum. We lived 50 miles inland at the time...

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Similar to the first post only I swallowed a pea whilst blasting my mum with a peashooter and she said it would grow inside me and need surgery to be removed!

tyred

Legendary Member
The barber used to always tell me that I had such a thick head of hair that I would never go bald. Sadly, it isn't so thick now.

Top Bottom