This Bloke Must Be Bonkers!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MessenJah

Rider
I'd do it on a hobby horse, easy

byegad

Legendary Member
The first LEJOG was probably done on an Ordinary, and the roads were far worse in those days, but with less traffic of course.

Notsoblue

Thats pretty crazy.... I got back from my two week LEJOG last weekend and I don't see how he can do the whole thing on a Penny Farthing, theres just too many hills in South West England. He could avoid most of them by sticking to the big A-Roads but on a farthing I would have thought it would be pretty dangerous. I've read about the first bike LEJOG'ers using these machines, but according to them it was more walking than cycling.

Going up hill on a penny isn't too bad as you can ride fairly steep ones.

Going down them isn't so good because the bike can run away from you and then begin to speed wobble......which does tend to grab your attention.

BTW, Joff has almost finished his Penny world tour - he's in Spain now - and will be back in Grennwich in Novemeber. I'll be doing some press stuff and helping to organise a welcome home for him.

Trillian

i actually saw the guy riding out of coventry one day earlier in the summer, can't remember exactly when tho. he was on one of the busier roads out of the city

Notsoblue

User3143 said:
:smile: Can almost picture it now him going down Berriedale Brae, I hit 51mph going down it when I E2E.

I got to 46mph before my self preservation instinct made me start breaking :blush:

Top Bottom