This Evening.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Went out for about an hour.

About 2/3's of the way round.

I noticed 2 cars approach from behind.

1 was a BMW, the other a Fiat Punto - it turned out.

When I kicked off I wasn't feeling great as it was soo cloudy - i even had my yellow lens on. :tongue:

Anyhow, one of the vehicles sounded their horn.

I thought it was the last one ie the 2nd one back.

But still I threw my hand up and told whomever to go away.

I also took along look back to see who it was.

Anyhow, it was a narrow lane, in effect and the BMW started to pass, slow a bit as they came level and a woman with dyed blonde hair said to me it them behind, then they went on ahead...

..then there was a pause...as I knew it was this car as the car was gonna pass something was gonna happen...

'they got along side me and the woman in the front passenger seat was going crazy, shouting stuff and that..I was blanking it actually as i was wondering about my safety as there was 3 in the car.

Then the woman realised she had a soft drink in her hand and proceeded to empty it as much as she possibly could over me - if she could get me.

They then got off/drove off.

I then thought this is not going un-noticed.

So i got the reg: YK02 YTS.

So I then went to the police station and i was apporaching and I thought: it this worth it.

So, I thought - i'll mention it anyway just for the fact that it was totally out of order; like I've nearly been killed on the road...so in context this wasn't much.

Anyhow the Policeman turned out to be pretty ok and had just, respect, recovered from Testicular Cancer he mentioned it as I was dressed like a cyclist :becool:

Still, he got on the PNC and got the reg. and I mentioned it more than likely would be local to that area and he told me in Cheshire but the place on the other side of the Mersey, North.

He said I could go aahead with criminal damage but I didnt want to go that far as it could have got silly esp. as I most likely would have had to provide a cleaning bill and the likes.

But either way he did mention that he may call up and give them a verse or two about driving.

Still, I told the police about it and they've got the reg. if the jerk decides to do anything further.

Kovu

Über Member
You get some tw*ts on the road ... there all idiots people like that. At least you ok I guess, if they do ought else hope police follow it thorough!

Shaun

Founder
I think you did the right thing reporting it.

If nothing else, it might make them think twice about abusing other cyclists!

Cheers,
Shaun :becool:

Noodley

Sounds like a good enough reason to start a drinks-related 'reporting an incident to the Police' pun thread :becool:

That story sounds a bit FANTAstic to me...

..maybe not a good pun topic after all. :tongue::smile:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
No! You've started speicher off with the jokes. We'll be having cryptic alcohol puzzles and brainteasers now!

Those situations can be threatening yenners. Have a drink and relax, you've done your bit in reporting it.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Well thanks for taking the fucking piss.

Thanks a ****ing lot.

Bigtallfatbloke

Good that yopu reported these dipshits...we should start a campaign..."Clean up the streets, remove the ****wit motorists"

I had not one incident in France..not one...then on the ride home from Stanstead I had two near misses, both from motorists approaching from behind getting to close and cutting me up...then hurling abuse as they pass...

what is it with BRIt drivers...self-gratification artists the lot of 'em...glad UR ok.

mondobongo

Über Member
We had a Copper at our Club Social the other week talking about incidents like this. If I remember rightly it falls under a section 58 first occasion the Police will vist the registered keeper and issue a recorded warning if there is a repeat occurence in a 12 month period they will then seize and impound the car and the keeper has to pay the costs. The car may be impounded a number of times if they don't learn from it the Police can seize the car and have it crushed.

mr Mag00

rising member
many years ago i had a car passenger throw some water into the face of my then girlfriend who was not brilliant on the bike, she fell off, not badly but was v shaken i was furious but didnt get any reg details etc and stopped to help her rather than give chase. A few miles down the road they were waiting in a very busy queue for a car park and i recognised the group of kids. they werent going anywhere so i rode to a secluded spot emptied half my drink out of my bottle and topped it up organically!.........

..........rode up to the car, they recognised me and started laughing as i dropped the open topped bottle in through the open sun roof.

Top Bottom