This is a helmet debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
can you explain the graph for me please, i dont follow what its representing

Ah, you are still here after all. Would you care to answer my earlier question to you before I answer yours to me?

"Would you please present the evidence you have for helmets being specified, designed and tested for more than a fall from a stationary bike?"

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Ah, you are still here after all. Would you care to answer my earlier question to you before I answer yours to me?

"Would you please present the evidence you have for helmets being specified, designed and tested for more than a fall from a stationary bike?"

Hello red light how are you, having a good day, been out for a ride? I've not, been a bit off colour so staying in pottering about, and popping onto here. Did go halfords to look at bikes (again)!

I refer to buddha's quote below:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense"

Not wearing a helmet does agree with my own reason and common sense

If you dont want to explain your graph then fine

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Hello red light how are you, having a good day, been out for a ride? I've not, been a bit off colour so staying in pottering about, and popping onto here. Did go halfords to look at bikes (again)!

I refer to buddha's quote below:

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and common sense"

Not wearing a helmet does agree with my own reason and common sense

If you dont want to explain your graph then fine

Oh dear, I think somebody has been reading up on how to be a successful troll, ignore button it is

Jezston

Über Member
So basically you are saying you won't believe anything anyone says even how much evidence they present if it doesn't fit your world view?

So why are you saying you are interested in debate when you have already made up your mind and aren't interested in anyone elses views and facts?

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
So basically you are saying you won't believe anything anyone says even how much evidence they present if it doesn't fit your world view?

So why are you saying you are interested in debate when you have already made up your mind and aren't interested in anyone elses views and facts?

Are you saying you believe everything anyone tells you despite it not fitting with your own thoughts? Do you not have the confidence to form your own judgement?

So why are you contributing to a debate when your simply going to accept anything anyone says?

www.cyclehelmets.org/papers/c2023.pdf

This makes an interesting read, that is if you can concentrate long enough to read it all.

Posting evidence or anything like it is a waste of time if it falls on deaf ears. Common sense would suggest that one would look at the pors / cons and limitations before making a decision, but that is not always the case

I don't need anything other than my own experiences to form my decision, I dont feel compelled to look through lots of conflicting evidence or reports, I simply put a helmet on.

If the person simply wishes to rely on a Damascene revelation and ignore anything that approaches Science then that is up to the individual, but bring us nicely back to tin foil hats!

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Designed for safety
Designed to prevent abduction by aliens
Accepted by many people on a decision made from their own experiences
NO scientific basis on the decision

Norm

Well we know that about 5 million unhelmeted journeys have been completed in London and Dublin on the bike hire schemes without a head injury
This is where the statistics are misused to "support" misinformation, again, as we don't know that at all.

I use a helmet on a Boris Bike and I've seen a fair few others.

Norm

I'm going to lock this one. Nothing new has come out in a few days, everyone has had a chance to have their say and it is just, again, descending to personal attacks which don't look good for the poster or the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom