This is the life!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
I'm sat outside in the garden of a local tea shop in short sleeves and shorts with a pot of tea and a slice of cake. The field opposite is full of rape in bloom, so the weather can't be too bad and there are sheep next door. Pics to follow.

Oil seed rape; an abomination. Sorry to be so negative. Enjoy your cake.

Bigtallfatbloke

Do you take a laptop on your rides?

It is a wonderful day out there and I love the smell of that yellow rape seed stuff as well as the colour...wonderful

Milo

Guru
Tis nice out today regretted wearing trousers on my ride today.
Rape seeds blooming in the fields round here but it makes me sneeze looks nice though.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I'm back and very displeased with my fitness! Went up a (big) hill and had to stop about 6 times to get my breath back! Took some pics with my phone (that I was surfing on, too).

Tea shop garden.

2iqjreh.jpg

Sheeps next door, all lying down in the sun, unfortunately!

ptzd4.jpg

Big hill that I couldn't get up! It is around a mile of uphill, though and I've not been back in the saddle very long. Best bit is that it's 1½ miles back down the other side at 40-50mph, so worth the slog!

dx2352.jpg

This is what is at the top.

2iixy5v.jpg

It's a big un and here's a pic of the bike next to his ear for scale.

1szehz.jpg

...and the view from the top. Sorry it's a bit hazy, it was the weather not me camera! The road down in the valley is where you start/finish.

2rpvf9z.jpg

Brock

The Westbury white horse!? I grew up round there, used to ride my grifter over and clamber down to sit in the horses eye.. You don't consider risk at 7 years old do you? :biggrin:

Top Bottom