This is your leg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Any of you seen this

hincapieleg.jpg

edindave

Über Member
Is that his brain?

Keith Oates

Janner
George has had those veins on his legs for several years now and every time a new photo comes out they seem to be getting worse, not a pretty sight though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
A few years ago I had some veins glued shut. They have not come back which is good. They were no where near as bad as those.

A bit like a boxer with a broken nose, he must have been told not to bother getting them fixed until he retires.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So what are they? Blown Veins?

They are varicose veins.

My doctor explained it to me that veins in the leg have non return valves which allow the blood to pump back up your leg to the heart. In this case the non return valves in the veins have failed, so gravity pulls the blood back down the leg. The blood pools in veins and drags the veins down the leg.

These are surface veins which are not that important, the deeper veins will carry most of the blood.

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
They are varicose veins.

My doctor explained it to me that veins in the leg have non return valves which allow the blood to pump back up your leg to the heart. In this case the non return valves in the veins have failed, so gravity pulls the blood back down the leg. The blood pools in veins and drags the veins down the leg.

These are surface veins which are not that important, the deeper veins will carry most of the blood.

Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Makes sense. IIRC there was a crazy for body builders making the veins in their arms do much the same thing.

monnet

Guru
Too much time in the big ring. He needs to get a compact. Someone should tell him he's impressing nobody (not me though, perhaps, erm... Jens Voigt might?)

Top Bottom