this mornings new longest ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam23

well after a few 36-46 mile rides i bit the bullit today and planned myself a proper challenging rute witsome horrible hills.
with about 15 miles to go i was in so much pain with lactic acid in my legs and cramps setting in fast i nearly stopped but
didnt and pushed my self till i nearly broke down in tears when i got home.
i still kept up my good average speed and even when suffering and had to be lifted off my bike when i got home and then
couldnt stand for an hour or so i was in bad way.
i ate well on my ride and drank enough but maybe needed more electrolytes.
here are my figures for my ride off the livestrong site for planning my route.
Total Distance: 67.85 milesAvg Speed:18.5 miles/h
Time: 3h 40m 4s
Start Elevation: 167.32 ft
End Elevation: 167.32 ft
Minimum Elevation: -3.28 ft
Maximum Elevation: 692.26 ft
Elevation Ascent: 3786.09 ft
Elevation Descent: 3786.09 ft
Track Points: 977
Weight:158 lbs
Estimated Calories: 3154.23

a good day in all now recovered lol and hope these numbers are promising as i want to get more into riding over the winter as only been
riding since march/april this year.
please comment good or bad

adam bell

PpPete

Legendary Member
well done Adam

100 miler next then?

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Almost 70 miles at over 18mph with a load of climbing too ?

WOW
smile.gif

(wish I was 158lbs... would make hills MUCH easier)

OP
OP
A

adam23

well just got up legs not to bad but still wish i lived in a bungalow, thanks for the comments guys i think nex long ride out will be flatter

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
excellent stuff, that's an impressive average speed for that distance and with hills, no wonder your legs were burning. 158lbs though, I'm trying not to hate you but you're not making it easy :biggrin: I'm currently dreaming of being just 200lbs as that would make climbing a lot easier for me, and no, sadly, I'm not particularly tall.

Saundie

Über Member
please comment good or bad
I can't see anybody commenting negatively, to be honest. You make me feel like a slow, fat lump! Great effort :smile:

OP
OP
A

adam23

thanks for all the comments its this kind of forum and good words that keep me going, i love cycling so much and enjoy pushing myself
further.
on the ride yesterday a comment on here popped into my head about pro riders pushing them selves in the pain barrier to maintain
there speed compared to every day cyclists and it helped me home as i was turning the pedals as fast as the start of my ride even though
i wanted to break down.

mike-L

I think I'm in a similar position to you training wise. Last run 53 miles at 17.7 ave, so I know what you've done is pretty impressive speed wise for a 'newbie'. BUT. I didn't go out to kill myself - I don't really see the point of that. I do want to push myself, get very fit and lose weight (12.5 stone at the mo at 5'8") - and beat my PB at each distance until I plateau, but I go out on my bike to enjoy myself as well, take in the views and quiet roads. A little bit of pain - expected. I guess if you are out to win a Sportive in the next year you are on the right track!

OP
OP
A

adam23

hiya mike i know what you mean and that is my flaw in mot sports things i have ever done, i go flat out to win or even train to the max instead
of pacing myself properly thats the mental side of things i need to sort out and as a newbie to cycling i need to do it more in this new sport than
in any other thing i have done.

Top Bottom