This winter I want a bike computer with a thermometer.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
....so that I can boast about how cold the ride was as well as how long and how high and how fast.

But seriously, any recommendations? Preferably to fit my existing Cateye bracket.

No need for a thermometer. When it's cold enough to freeze the LCD on any old cycle computer, then it's cold enough to boast...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't bother. Use met office !

Just say - I was riding in the -15 in Jan 2010 (and that's standing still) and I was, and it was 'one of those moments' - especially as the studded tyres didn't arrive till the next day, but there was no need - 1 foot of fresh snow - MTB party time.

No need - every car driver will know it was cold - as they couldn't de-ice their windows.

That was a seriously surreal 3 days. Day 1, I got 'good luck' from peds as I cycled down the pavement (only till I could get to the Trans Pennine - the cars were sliding all over) to "OMG a bike" - a quick smile and wave to some folk walking....

I must say the Jan 10/Dec 10 Winters were a blast - something I've not ever encountered on a bike. I've had very cold winters commuting 20 miles, but it was dry, so no road ice, just frost. Recent wet/icy roads have been lethal. I love my Snow Studs though.... and the availability of a 90's bomb proof MTB.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
It's cold, when this happens

68108_10150146778728986_631043985_8126631_3695004_n.jpg
It's a bit nippy

Durian

Über Member
Cold, what's that then? It hardly ever drops below 16 degrees C here and that's the nightime temperature in the so called 'cold' season. I feel sorry for you guys that have to cycle during the winter and hated it when it got dark at three o'clock in the afternoon.

Top Bottom