Those moments when you wish

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

You had a camera in your hand. Getting ready to go out this morning and the misses beckons me into the kitchen with a sign to be quiet, she then points to the window, on the lawn almost under the window is a Blackbird and he's hauling a worm out of the ground that must have been four inches long, the bird almost fell over backward getting it out of the ground :ohmy:, I'm stood there thinking Damn the camera is on the unit in the lounge and by the time I've got it I'll have missed it.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
i hope there no hidden sexual meaning in this !!!! :whistle:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
You had a camera in your hand. Getting ready to go out this morning and the misses beckons me into the kitchen with a sign to be quiet, she then points to the window, on the lawn almost under the window is a Blackbird and he's hauling a worm out of the ground that must have been four inches long, the bird almost fell over backward getting it out of the ground :ohmy:, I'm stood there thinking Damn the camera is on the unit in the lounge and by the time I've got it I'll have missed it.

Had a few like that. Or I go to get the SLR and realise either the battery is dead or the wrong lens is on it.

Only in your mind ;)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My wife has started to show an interest in back garden ornithology. To support her efforts I dug out a pair of mini binoculars to get her a better view from the kitchen.

It's been a wasted action on my part. She insists on putting the binoculars in their case and tidying them away in the living room when ever she's finished with them.

There's been one or two gripes from her about the birds flying away before she could get the binoculars. I'm waiting for her to find the solution to the problem without assistance from me.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My wife has started to show an interest in back garden ornithology.
There's been one or two gripes from her about the birds flying away before she could get the binoculars. I'm waiting for her to find the solution to the problem without assistance from me.

Simply glue the binoculars to the inside of the window at eye height where she might usually stand... a 'hands-free' solution
smile.gif

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Had a few like that. Or I go to get the SLR and realise either the battery is dead or the wrong lens is on it.
Only in your mind ;)

Just before Xmas I was riding back from Middleton Hall on a route that took me past a golf course and I was surprised to see Deer on the course grazing on the bushes in the rough. Now I've been riding past that Golf Course on a regular basis for about twenty years and that's the first time I've seen Deer there, and I had no camera or phone with me. :huh:

Slim

Über Member

One day Grandad was in the garden watchinbg little Johnny playing. He looked over and watched as little Johnny struggled and pulled an earthworm out of the ground.

He thought he'd have a bit of fun with his grandchild...

"If you can get the worm back into the ground I'll give you 50p"

"OK Grandad".

Grandad thought "that'll keep him busy for a little while" and had a snooze in his deckchair. After a while he was woken up by little Johnny calling out "Grandad, I've done it". Grandad was amazed to see the earthworm, stiff and straight, being pushed into the ground and pulled out again.

"little Johnny, how did you get the earthworm like that?"

"It was easy, I just sprayed it with hair lacquer"

"OK, if you wait here I'll go and get your 50p"

Grandad went indoors for a while and came out with money in his hand"

"OK Johnny, here's 50p from me and here's another £5 from Grandma" :biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member

I once sat there in a bird hide with my son, camera in hand, waiting for something to happen. As we sat there, a Water Rail skulked out of the reeds about 10 feet in front...fabulously close for a very very secretive bird. I excitedly nudged my son, keeping as quiet as possible and we watched him pick his way through the reeds for about one minute, then he dissapeared. We looked at each other with disbelief...then i looked at my camera :ohmy: DOHHHHHHHH !!!:sad:

They're a common bird, but rarely seen they're so secretive. Never saw one before, only ever seen one since.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

One day Grandad was in the garden watchinbg little Johnny playing. He looked over and watched as little Johnny struggled and pulled an earthworm out of the ground.

He thought he'd have a bit of fun with his grandchild...

"If you can get the worm back into the ground I'll give you 50p"

"OK Grandad".

Grandad thought "that'll keep him busy for a little while" and had a snooze in his deckchair. After a while he was woken up by little Johnny calling out "Grandad, I've done it". Grandad was amazed to see the earthworm, stiff and straight, being pushed into the ground and pulled out again.

"little Johnny, how did you get the earthworm like that?"

"It was easy, I just sprayed it with hair lacquer"

"OK, if you wait here I'll go and get your 50p"

Grandad went indoors for a while and came out with money in his hand"

"OK Johnny, here's 50p from me and here's another £5 from Grandma" :biggrin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I like that one.

I once sat there in a bird hide with my son, camera in hand, waiting for something to happen. As we sat there, a Water Rail skulked out of the reeds about 10 feet in front...fabulously close for a very very secretive bird. I excitedly nudged my son, keeping as quiet as possible and we watched him pick his way through the reeds for about one minute, then he dissapeared. We looked at each other with disbelief...then i looked at my camera :ohmy: DOHHHHHHHH !!!:sad:

They're a common bird, but rarely seen they're so secretive. Never saw one before, only ever seen one since.

It's an orrible feeling ain't it, I've done that myself a couple of times.

gbb

Legendary Member
But gbb, you SAW it, and you remember it so clearly. Would it be so clear if you'd only experienced it through the lens of a camera?

There's a good point there...as we watched it, you could absorb the beautiful light slate grey chest, the lovely dappled chestnut wings and upper, the red'ish bill...i was just blown away. They are a common bird, but one you'll rarely ever see. Anyway..i'm gushing too much, the point is if i'd been concentrating on the camera i suspect i wouldnt have absorbed all that detail at the time Even so...:blush:

Top Bottom