Thought I'd drop in and introduce myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Creosote

Hi, this looks like the most apporpriate place for a new member to drop by and say Hi!

I have been lurking here for a couple of months after finding the forums quite by accident and felt that it was about time that I de-lurk and introduce myself.

My main cycling interests are mountain biking or more like off road on the local bridlepaths and geen lanes with my Specialized FSR Comp. I have also recently converted my old Trek 4900 into a commuter bike for the 10 mile cycle to work which I manage most days. Also lurking in the garage is my late father-in-law's old Dawes Aristocrat which I expended some TLC on to bring it back into use after it had languished in his shed for the last seven years.

mr Mag00

rising member
hey hey and welcome

Panter

Just call me Chris...
What they said :blush: ^ ^

I've just got back from an off-roader, you couldn't see the bike for mud :biggrin:
Still, all was well after half an hour with the hosepipe :rolleyes:

aftereight2.jpg

Eess only wafffer theeen....

...the bucket is on the way.:rolleyes:

Or do you just really like preserving woodwork?
eusa_think.gif

OP
OP
M

Mr Creosote

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Glad that there are other Monty Python aficionados in here.

King Creosote; I hadn't heard of them before but the track on that youtube link didn't sound too bad either. Thanks for that COG.

The name came about as an unintended nickname many years ago. In my late teens I had a summer job doing fencing for enclosing pasture land. It was hard, dirty nasty work and I never want to work that hard again. The fence posts have their bottom sections steeped for weeks in a creosote, sump oil and pitch mix. As the junior member of the crew I of course got the dirtyest jobs one of which was mixing the concotion up. Anyhow lunch used to be a pie, pasty, sausage roll or something similar but given the amount of calories expended digging holes and weilding a sledge hammer you had no chance of putting on any weight. One afternoon one of the crew commented that if I carried on like that not only would I smell of creosote I would look like Mr F****** Creosote too. The name just stuck.

Creosote is still availble to the trade or professional use and they make it so by limiting sale quantities to 50 gal drums. God bless the EU (no really that's sarcasm).

Patrick: Any idea how old a Dawes Aristocrat would be? The wheels are 27.25" if that helps as I guess most (including Dawes) will have gone over to 700C wheels.

Top Bottom