Thumbs up for a bus driver!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was coming down Gloucester Road into Bristol this morning and traffic was stopped at a red light with a bus indicating to come out from a bus stop. There was just enough of a gap between his front corner and one of the cars in the queue for me to squeeze through but I thought better of it, having demolished most of a chocolate cake on the weekend I might be wider than normal ;) and wasn't going to take the chance in case he moved.

So I waited but the bus driver spotted me in his mirror, put his hand out the window and waved me through the gap safely. Nice one drive! :biggrin: They're not all out to get us....

thomas

the tank engine
trustysteed said:
So I waited but the bus driver spotted me in his mirror, put his hand out the window and waved me through the gap safely. Nice one drive! ;) They're not all out to get us....

Nice driver! Just being sure you've been seen is helpful when there are gaps you could go through, but are a bit risky.

Tynan

Veteran
I thumbs up a bus driver three or four times a day, the chaps on the Mile End Road are almost always exemplary in their consideration and care

almost

The nice thing about most bus drivers (its mostly Lothian I come across this from although I have had it from First) they acknowledge me being polite to them and hold their thumb up or put the hazards on to say thank you. I got a thanks from a skip driver the other day too :-)

tandemman

I had an artic slow down and flash me out onto a busy A635 today, I get more consideration from "professional" drivers, as a rule, than I do from most car commuters.

redjedi

Über Member
I also had a very considerate bus driver the other day.

Row of traffic leading up to some lights. I filter down most of it then stop behind a bus. I'm not in a rush so don't bother squeezing down the inside (which I never do to large vehicles anyway) and the roads quite narrow to filter down the middle, but I don't mind waiting.
So as the traffic moves forwards a little the bus starts to pull away from the curb, I think he may be letting me through but I'm not taking any chances, especially as there's a bus stop a few meters further on. So I wait.
Then he pulls even further out and and stops. The traffics not moving (and won't be for another minute) so I go through a nice big opening, and the driver puts his hand up, and I return with a thumbs up.

Top Bottom