Timings at lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the way home last night I was taking it easy and enjoying the first sunny ride.

Went through a set of lights that were at green. Getting to the other side a woman stepped out in front of me, letting me know that the green man was on and so I should give way to her.

Must remember to sprint through all lights so I don't upset any peds who want to cross.

HobbesChoice

I've had that happen before. I think it is a case of sprinting through if you can as, despite being a bit pedantic, she was allowed to cross at the green man. For me though, it's the attitude of the ped rather than the action that upsets me.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Errrm, the green man means "proceed if clear and safe to do so" doesn't it? Assuming you've legally travelled through on green she has no right to demand anything of you.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
thats crazy,

how fair was the crossing for it to be able to be green when you went through then me a green man for the women to be able to cross :biggrin:

OP
OP
T
It was at this set of lights going southbound along Liberton Brea. I had just climbed the brea so was in recovery mode. I probably just caught the tail end of the green light and by the time I was across they had changed.

HobbesChoice

MadoneRider1991 said:
i seeee

still though, the women could have waited for you to go through :/

Or just been a bit nicer about the whole thing. We all have somewhere we want to get to but there seems so much "oneupmanship" going on out there.

jimboalee

Once you've crossed the white line when the lamps were GREEN, you have right of way even if the lamps turn RED and the opposing lamps turn GREEN.
Opposing traffic have to wait for the remnants of their opposing traffic and shouldn't proceed until it is safe for them to do so.

Same for ped Xings.

But, you can't enter the junction on GREEN and then dawdle across like Lady Muck. You have to be sensible.

Temporary lights at Stratford 2012 Olympic site centre of the bias universe change for about a second then go back to red.When they do eventually change for a decent time the lights at the other end are green (when I get there) meaning sooner or later Im going to have a moton driving head on at me and accusing me of RLJing.

Been a while since I last used this junction. The lights approaching from the south are set so far back that if I'm not at them when they go green there isn't much chance of getting across before they have changed again. Only saving thing is the original lights before they were moved back are still there in a position you'd expect them to be, giving somewhere to stop.
(The 3 cars down that road are actually queued at the lights, behind, I think, an ASL)

Tynan

Veteran
not a ped defender here but they always have the right of way in an area of doubt surely?

Top Bottom