tint cream?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimC

Can anyone please recommend the best option for tint cream? I doubt that is what is it called in cycling terms (chamois cream maybe?), but my colleagues in Barnsley reliably inform me that the part of your body between the balls and arse is called the tint; because it'int the arse and it'int the balls (:smile:no joke, but I like the term so I've taken it on).

Anyway, I've doing the LEJOG next week and despite training hard I reckon that the old tint is going to take quite a hammering and could do with the most relief possible.

Is it chamois cream I'm after? If so, how best to use it an what type please? Assos? O3one? Portia?

Hope you can help, Cheers!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
chamois cream it is - assos or Udder creme (it's a make) - or try something like aqueous creme (lots cheaper in big tubs - designed for keeping moisture and relieving dry skin)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Isn't the 'tint also known as Biffin Bridge ?

Anyway - I swear by a coating of Sudocrem in any bits likely to be affected by rubbing/chafing. It also works on bits already chafed and stops the nipping.

It's usually used for babies' backsides, but it is intented for other skin irritations / chafings / burns etc. It's great stuff.

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Fnaar said:
Being pedantic, the "tint" (good name :becool:) is really the perineum. :smile:

Oh yeah, that does ring a bell (no pun intended).

Thanks all - it seems that assos is the most readily available - I shall invest...

Sudocream +1, cheap and cheerful and works a treat!

andygates

Tint or taint? :wacko:

Assos is lovely. Vaz is fine unless you're going day after day, then the greeziness can give you arse zits. But Assos has that minty tingle that really wakes a body up!

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Assos. Well named in this context.

I suspect most of these potions and lotions are basically aqueous cream with "magic" ingredients. Ask at the counter at Boots for aqueous cream and you'll get a 500g tub for about £3.

Blue

Legendary Member
goo_mason said:
Isn't the 'tint also known as Biffin Bridge ?

Anyway - I swear by a coating of Sudocrem in any bits likely to be affected by rubbing/chafing. It also works on bits already chafed and stops the nipping.

It's usually used for babies' backsides, but it is intented for other skin irritations / chafings / burns etc. It's great stuff.

Isn't that area also known as the 'barse', as it's neither the balls nor the arse.

I've used both Sudocrem and Assos and would swear by Assos every time.

Top Bottom