Tired of having abusive shouted at you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since I have finished my FYP in Uni, and partly recovered from a mountain bike crash a few weeks ago, I went for a training ride in Richmond this afternoon, for fitness.

On my way back, some kid in a school minibus decided to shout some abusive langauge at me. I am sure you guys have enough abusive shouted at you on a "road" bike. Now it's time for some pay back.

Written down their number plate and an angry email to the school:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to complain about an incident that happened this afternoon between myself and one of your students/staffs/minibuses.

At around 17:20 this afternoon, I was riding my bicycle along Priory Lane near Richmond Park. One of your minibuses with the registration HV52 LKY went past me.

As the bus went past, a young male in the front passenger seat which I assume is one of your student shouted at me with abusive language.

This is unacceptable behaviour from one of your student and the fact that the member of staff driving the vehicle did not stop to apologize shows the level of his/her professionalism.

I demand an immediate apology from both the staff and the student in writing and appropriate disciplinary action to be taken.

My address is:

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,

Nicholas Yiu

I looked at their website:
http://www.ibstockplaceschool.co.uk/home/home/

They look fairly posh so they should take this seriously.

Hopefully should teach that kid a lesson.

Can't wait to recieve a letter of apology, preferbly hand written :wacko:

Hello Nicholas - positive action from you - let's hope it has the desired effect.
Generally, you want to take a step backwards and relish the moment...you are doing exactly what you want and someone is losing control...
Try posting your future (hopefully few but...) incidents into 'Commuting' where very experienced voices can add insightful comment. :ohmy:
To help relax - pop into the café and listen to the absolute rubbish that is being spouted eloquent discussions that take place on a regular basis.:wacko:

yenrod

>Generally, you want to take a step backwards and relish the moment...you are doing exactly what you want and someone is losing control...

Ap - I used to think this about a mate of mine, my he was hot-headed: i feel i stopped a few crazy happenings on the road with with him and cardrivers.

Though, its easy to get 'heated up'...

The majority & increasing of CD's just dont get it and a friend of mine who doesnt live in Liverpool now says its defensive AND offensive driving (when visiting) instead of where he is now (Warrington); relaxed and considerate, to a degree, driving.

15mls distance between the 2 towns, well 1's a city and ones a town.

I'd be interested to know the outcome to this.

It happens to me on the trike, I just give them a friendly wave.

Even this infuriates some though, one guy stopped and did the whole road rage stuff until I unclipped and stood up, I'm 6'4", he then started apologizing, got back in his car and drove off, I never said a word.

I think people are so stressed out in this country they are on the edge of loosing control a lot of the time, it's sad but true. I am off to do 50 miles today. Just for fun.

will

Why does driver abuse of cyclists seem to be primarily a UK/USA problem?

I guess road cycling just isn't a part of the culture as in mainland Europe ?

Yes - I'm tired of having abuse shouted at me - mainly by the wife on Sunday morning when I go out 'training' ! (notice I say 'training' - rather than just cycling - seems softens the blow somewhat for her to realise that I'm training as opposed to just cycling)

yenrod

The other day i had a bottle of orange thrown at me - though i was in Liverpool, stay away from l.pool people its a pretty bad place!!!

Top Bottom