tiviot dale summer evening 'cross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Nice website, but the spring sun is too nice to contemplate all that 'cross pain this early in the year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good bit of racing - good course as well. Big mix of equipment - lots of Crosslights, and plenty of MTB's - some serious kit there as well.

Had to go part way through the senior race as the light was fading fast.

I was the guy walking a light blue road bike round the course with my camera.

Can't make the next two as I am away.

fossyant

Dan - was that you that came over to look at my bike - just checked your threads as you mentioned you'd bought a tubeset - brain kicked in then - just checked your posts.

fossyant

Official hello then - got a few pics that I'll put up - here or the Photo Gallery ? I'll upload them to my photobucket when I get home !

I think I got one of you going down the drop into the field just after the start - thought it might have been you - but didn't want to disturb the race preps ......

Did the gears settle down as you were cursing them on the first lap on the dirt track coming up to the start for lap 2.

There are pics of my Herety on the Gallery - one of the guys marshalling want's to buy it if I ever sell it - told him NEVER ! The guy knows Frank pretty well and all about him being a little awkward - you were lucky enough to get one built...he'd tell any one who was arrogant to shove off !

fossyant

'Ere we go - even a pic of our very own dan bo

Charge !

DSCF1067.jpg

Chaos.......

DSCF1068.jpg

Dan bo - the man !!!!! Gotya

DSCF1078.jpg

Some other fellas.......

DSCF1083.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

trio25

Über Member
I notice the next one is tomorrow and I'm tempted. Only I know nothing about it. Would I make too much of a fool of myself if I just turned up with my mountain bike?

RedBike

It is quite normal to see a few MTBs in a cyclo-cross races. Although it is worth ringing the organises up to check they're permited as this isn't always the case.

I'm afraid you wont stand a chance of keeping up with the lead 'pack' but you probably wont be the slowest one there either.

Give it a go. You'll be in your element!

- gf3

trio25

Über Member
I know I won't be anywhere near the lead pack, I'm not stupid, just didn't want to be the slowest by miles.

Top Bottom