1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tiviot dale summer evening 'cross

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by dan_bo, 6 May 2008.

1. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Nice website, but the spring sun is too nice to contemplate all that 'cross pain this early in the year.

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Very near me - I might have a look - I used to work with the guy organising it - good to see he's still 'on the scene'

4. OP
    OP
    dan_bo

Yeah stuart johnson's a nice guy-looks funny on that shopping bike 'crosser of his and his piss-pot helmet, all due respect. He usually kicks my ar$e when he's racing against me though.

5. fossyant

Still got the bike then - really must take a look in !

6. fossyant

Good bit of racing - good course as well. Big mix of equipment - lots of Crosslights, and plenty of MTB's - some serious kit there as well.

Had to go part way through the senior race as the light was fading fast.

I was the guy walking a light blue road bike round the course with my camera.

Can't make the next two as I am away.

7. fossyant

Dan - was that you that came over to look at my bike - just checked your threads as you mentioned you'd bought a tubeset - brain kicked in then - just checked your posts.

8. OP
    OP
    dan_bo

Yeah 'twas me fossy. Darned purdy bike you had there. Nice to meet you-even though I didn't know I had! got any pics yet?

9. fossyant

Official hello then - got a few pics that I'll put up - here or the Photo Gallery ? I'll upload them to my photobucket when I get home !

I think I got one of you going down the drop into the field just after the start - thought it might have been you - but didn't want to disturb the race preps ......

Did the gears settle down as you were cursing them on the first lap on the dirt track coming up to the start for lap 2.

There are pics of my Herety on the Gallery - one of the guys marshalling want's to buy it if I ever sell it - told him NEVER ! The guy knows Frank pretty well and all about him being a little awkward - you were lucky enough to get one built...he'd tell any one who was arrogant to shove off !

10. fossyant

'Ere we go - even a pic of our very own dan bo

Charge !

DSCF1067.jpg

Chaos.......

DSCF1068.jpg

Dan bo - the man !!!!! Gotya

DSCF1078.jpg

Some other fellas.......

DSCF1083.jpg

DSCF1085.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

11. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Great pics - but what made them all so late for the start?

12. trio25

trio25 Über Member

I notice the next one is tomorrow and I'm tempted. Only I know nothing about it. Would I make too much of a fool of myself if I just turned up with my mountain bike?

13. RedBike

RedBike New Member

It is quite normal to see a few MTBs in a cyclo-cross races. Although it is worth ringing the organises up to check they're permited as this isn't always the case.

I'm afraid you wont stand a chance of keeping up with the lead 'pack' but you probably wont be the slowest one there either.

Give it a go. You'll be in your element!

- gf3

14. trio25

trio25 Über Member

I know I won't be anywhere near the lead pack, I'm not stupid, just didn't want to be the slowest by miles.

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Don't matter if you're the slowest in 'cross - you'll get lapped so no-one will know anyway 'till the results are published.