To the driver of the red Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I would just like to say this to the driver of the red Mercedes that I met on my commute this morning. Thank you, you didn't crowd me, you didn't try to force your way past, you didn't even try to overtake until it was completely safe to do so. I just wish that all drivers on the road would drive as well as you did. So once again thanks:smile:

Tynan

Veteran
when you're done thanking him, use your spleen for the man that pulled across the road from a turning on the right, somehow not seeing me in primary until he stopped across my side, the old lady that drifted into me until I hit her passenger window, at which point she swerved away and then back again, hitting the bars and coming within an ace of knocking me off and finally the chap in stationary traffic that did the standing stop sharp left into a side road as I came up the cycle lane at some speed

all in one journey home

and the usual peds at Camden Town that stride into the road with not one iota of concern that anything is coming, they know nothing can be coming because the lights at the top of Camden High Road have gone red

Tynan

Veteran
it's always the ones stepping out from the Camden tube side heading towards Parkway, they head out without a care in the world, when they actually do see me they generally tell me I've jumped the lights

because there's no other possible reason for them almost getting knocked down is there

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Hey start your own thread for spleen venting ;), it is so rare that I find drivers like this one, it needs to be celebrated....

Tynan

Veteran
sorry, I see quite a lot of good drivers, I do a couple of sections uphill and for that matter down hill with regular pinches and they usually behave, since I've been on the new drop handle barred bike things seem better, it might be I'm going faster or it might be that I've got a new red Ortlieb pannier

I think a road bike looks more dynamic and delicate compared to a hybrid trundling along

OldSeagul

Air Horns. How I love my Air Horn. Idiot peds who step out onto the road and don't see me; I wait until I am about two feet from them and then sound the air horn. They think a truck is coming. I made one guy scream like a little girl the other day. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

PBancroft

Hairy Jock said:
Oh well so much for having a positive thread in commuting, at least I tried...

Hey! Not so fast! I quite agree... the vast majority of drivers I see on the road are kind and considerate. They are a cause to be celebrated, not the minority who act like self pleasurers.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
OldSeagul said:
Air Horns. How I love my Air Horn. Idiot peds who step out onto the road and don't see me; I wait until I am about two feet from them and then sound the air horn. They think a truck is coming. I made one guy scream like a little girl the other day. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

That's way baaaad karma, dude!

Top Bottom