To the lady in the grey Hundai Sante Fe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
4x4 on the A21 going south tonight. Just because you have a "Baby On Board" sign in the back of your car doesn't give you the right to overtake and do a left turn on a roundabout near knocking me off, causing me to lock my brakes and hit the kerb. And when I caught up with you and asked why, you chose to ignore me. So sorry for the scratch/ dent in your door I accidently left with my shoe....NOT!!! YOU IGNORANT C***

Waiting for the first moton apologist to say that you've let us all down....

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yep, was indeed that Tynan. She didn't even stop at the roundabout.
I was indicating to turn left, she overtook then left hooked me. She knew she was in the wrong alright, other wise she would have stopped after my shoe accidently connected with her door.

Tynan

Veteran
likely didn't notice, being on the phone, reading the paper and eating a croissant and all

Well TT I will oblige.

Whilst the person in the car undoubtedly was in the wrong there is no excuse for then taking action against her and scratching her car.They were probably ignoring you through fear. (Out of interest, was the driver a man or a woman).

It was road rage pure and simple and it cannot be tolerated from any road user. People have been killed as a result of action like this! ;)

Edit: Just noticed it was a woman. She probably feared for her life. ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I think you've let yourself and all of us down with your actions.

It's true it was a bad piece of driving, but that's no excuse for your actions.

You should have smashed her window, dragged her from her vehicle (remembering to leave the seatbelt fastened and tightening around her throat) and ripped her still beating heart from her chest via her airway, and with liberal use of your tyre levers.

Scratched her car. Pffft, what sort of warning is that??? ;);)

Actually, TT, could you possible call me a moton apologist? Also by the use of the word moton are you generalising about car drivers or just specific car drivers?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
<responsible mode> Oh yeah, and what Mags says too </responsible mode>

I do understand it's frustrating to have it happen, but I've always managed to avoid actually damaging their cars (so far). I've had people just completely blank me so I've knocked (rather hard) on the window and seen them visibly jump before making my feelings known - hopefully the scare will make them think twice without actually provoking them to do anything more extreme.

Do people on here remember the trouble I had on bloodbus. Some of the comments they were making there were of a similar ilk to the comments suggesting criminal damage on here. There is no way I supported the view of some of the idiots on bloodbus, and there is no way I can support any views of criminal damage on here.

I can understand that people sometimes joke about this (which I am sure is what sharkybloke was doing) but I feel I have to stand up against anyone who suggests that chasing after a car and causing criminal damage and possibly instilling fear of attack in the driver, is a reasonable course of action.

How can action like this help in any way. This lady will probably hate cyclists, anyone who saw the act of criminal damage will now have justification for hating cyclists, and any non-cyclists reading comments like these will have reason to hate cyclists.

Yes these people will be generalising, but people do that.

Sorry if that annoys anyone, it is just my, and I am sure many other cyclists opinion.

Top Bottom